Just took the plunge .. HD Channels ??

Hi I was an early adopter of the service when it first started but for personal reasons had stopped watching for the past year.
    I just purchased a one month package to see how the service is before taking the 1 year plan and I must say that I really like the channel selection.
    A lot more than when the service started and great variety.
    Two things though, are there any HD channels on the service? I know that was spoken by the server admins at one point, that they were to add most channels in HD. But I can't seem to find any or many.
    Second thing, I see a very poor selection of Canadian content, which was also mentioned some months ago.

Is there a reason or timeframe as to when HD versions of the channels will be available? I've tried to read the forum but there's very little talk about this.

Any info is appreciated.

Fire From Within

If there was something 'official', it would be posted in the announcements. Some channels were available in '720p' resolution, but they recently have been in 480p. Yes, the stated 'goal' is to have many channels in "HD", but that often will come with a higher probability of buffering, due to more data passed, and uncontrollable internet and network issues. I'd prefer "HQ" where there is a good picture quality, and minimal buffering, than "HD" with great picture quality, but frequent buffering.

In this day and age, in North America, most people that have internet, have a pretty fast connection. So HD streaming at let's say 720 or even a little lower 576 shouldnt be a problem.
    I think it just makes sense to carry HD channels. 480p on an 80inch tv don't look so great ! lol

pot?
    Quote Originally Posted by toyz4tv View Post
    In this day and age, in North America, most people that have internet, have a pretty fast connection. So HD streaming at let's say 720 or even a little lower 576 shouldnt be a problem.
    I think it just makes sense to carry HD channels. 480p on an 80inch tv don't look so great ! lol
    They had some channels in HD a little over a month ago and people with a good ISP speed were having buffering issues. Most of us with a good ISP provider and everything setup correctly had zero issues but there were many that complained that they had buffering issues so who knows if they will bring the HD channels back again unfortunately!

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by toyz4tv View Post
    this service is used around the world.

Yes but it's targeted at a North American audience. And in Europe most if not all of these iptv services are broadcasting in HD.
    I didnt start this thread to flame the service, just to simply ask a question.