Pinball Wizard

Lost in Space- Netflix Remake

This series was one of my favorites and is coming back:

Reboot mania continues at Netflix.

The streaming service announced on Wednesday that it has ordered a first season of Lost in Space.

The new incarnation of Irwin Allen’s ’60s sci-fi drama will be piloted by Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless (Dracula Untold) and Prison Break’s Zack Estrin will serve as showrunner. This version once again follows the Robinson family, who are stranded light years from where they are supposed to be headed, and they find themselves battling a strange new alien environment and also their own personal demons.

“The original series so deftly captured both drama and comedy, and that made it very appealing to a broad audience. The current creative team’s reimagining of the series for Netflix is sure to appeal to both fans who fondly remember the original and to create a new generation of enthusiasts around the world,” Cindy Holland, Netflix’s vice president of original content, said in a statement.

Among the executive producers is The Descent director Neil Marshall, who has also helmed episodes of Game of Thrones and is slated to direct multiple episodes of Lost in Space.

The 10-episode first season will begin streaming in 2018.

The 1997-set Lost In Space ran for 83 episodes from 1965 to 1968, and was turned into a movie in 1998 starring William Hurt, Matt LeBlanc, Gary Oldman, and Heather Graham. Since 2000, Burns had been working with Allen’s widow, Sheila, who died in 2013, to bring back the series.

“We’ve obviously been developing Lost in Space for a long time, and we’ve had a couple of false starts,” Burns told an EW reporter who is named Will Robinson (this is not something we would make up) back in November, when news broke that Netflix was developing a new Lost in Space series. “Just speaking for myself, we really felt that we had learned a lot from not only what we did, but what other people did and did wrong.”

This looks promising. I loved the movie remake and loved the old 60's tv series. I hope they do it justice and bring some cool CGI....
    My software has no bugs it develops random features.

Pinball Wizard
    I have to admit has a kid I was a bigger fan on Lost in Space than Star Trek, Danger Danger Will Robinson!!

Banned

I hope that Kevin Burns carries his weight to it. (Meaning heavily involved)
    He is very much almost another Irwin Allen. By the way, all 4 series are being shown on Saturday nights now.
    Or should I say, Sunday mornings. One right after the other. Starting at 1:00am. Check your local listings.
    Last edited by sato; 09-12-2016 at 04:20 AM.

Pinball Wizard
    Thanks Sato!!