I am running Kodi 17 on my Apple Tv 4, I was hoping there was going to be a way to fix the "WORKING" issue or reduce the loading time upon tuning to a channel that is down (currently when you tune to a dead channel it tries to load the channel for about 90 seconds and in the meantime you cannot do anything.

First: is this still the same as Kodi 16 meaning we cannot change that time frame or is there a setting I can adjust to not have to wait that long everytime?

Second: on my android box I had used KeyMap editor to assign a button as a STOP key so everything the "working" started I would just stop it using that key, However on Apple Tv 4 I am trying to do the same, the only buttons I seemed to think that should work were Volume UP/DOWN, but everytime I try to edit the STOP button in live tv/full screen video Kodi does not accept the key, it still keeps asking to "press the new button within 5 seconds", anyone knows how I can assign any key on the Apple TV 4 remote to work as a STOP key to stop the loading on dead streams ?

any help would be appreciated.....also is there anywhere we can request this feature to be added to final release of Kodi 17 ? (the feature to only load a channel for 10 seconds and then stop if the stream is dead).