Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

2016 US Open - Dustin Johnson

Bubba Just teed off for his 3:55 tee time
    Go Go Bubba !!

Worlds Rank #1 Jason Day may be the man to beat today thou.
    He came out of the gate hot

Good to see Garcia on the leaderboard too.
    Bad to see Phil Michelson miss the cut yesterday

Garcia makes a 50 foot putt that was up and down and left and right, it was all over the place.. What a putt !
    Speith with back to back birdies, on the 13th tee now. And his drive nearly hit the hole !!!
    Another birdie !

4 birdies on the first 5 holes for Jason Day !
    Speith on a run of birdies too.
    Garcia is driving and putting fantastic.
    Someone just made an eagle on the 12th !

The 3 day leader Dustin Johnson just teed off his first hole and finishes it with a birdie !
    Another birdie !

Opening Round , the opening day score record was beat and by a rookie, with a score of 66 on his card coming in !
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 06-18-2016 at 09:24 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Horn has blown on account of impending darkness.
    The guys on the top of the leaderboard will have to finish their last few holes tomorrow morning before the Final round.

Lowry and Landry are at the top, with D. Johnson and Westwood and Garcia close behind.
    Jason Day started 9 back today but clawed his way to 4 or 5 back.
    Speith had a disappointing finish for the day

If you watch a game, it is entertaining.
    If you play a game, it is fun.
    If you work at a game, then it is golf !
    Bob Hope
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 06-19-2016 at 01:01 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

it was an early Sunday morning with a 7am tee time for some of these guys.
    They finished the 3rd round with Lowry 4 strokes ahead of the leaders !

Gonna be a 11 am start for the Final round today at Oakmount
    Looks like it will be on FS1 and also on TSN1 and also can be seen streamed free online.

Starting time: 7 / 10 a.m.

Live TV coverage: 7-9 a.m. on Fox Sports 1, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Fox
    TV simulcast online: 7-9 a.m., 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on FoxSportsGO.com
    Featured Group 1 online: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. -- TBA -- on USOpen.com / U.S. Open app
    Featured Groups 2 online: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. -- TBA -- on USOpen.com / U.S. Open app
    Featured Holes online: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. -- 3, 13, 17 -- on USOpen.com / U.S. Open app

Jack Nicklaus won here in 1962, for his first Major tournament win, his first win as a professional actually
    He played a playoff round to win and his competition was the great Arnold Palmer !
    - Frank Zappa

Robin Williams take on Golf

"If ya want a linguistic adventure, go drinkin' with a Scotsman. ... And only they could invent a sport like golf.

Here's my idea for a sport. I knock a ball in a gopher hole.

— Like pool?
    —Hell no, not pool. Not with a straight stick, with a little messed up stick. I whack a ball, it goes in a gopher hole.

— Oh, you mean like croquet?
    — To heck with croquet! I put the hole hundreds of yards away!

— Oh, like a bowling thing?
    — Heck no! Not straight. I put chit in the way. Like trees and bushes and high grass. So you can lose your ball. And go hacking away with a fricking tire iron. Whacking away, and each time you miss you feel like you'll have a stroke.
    That's what we'll call it, a stroke, cause each time you miss you feel like you're gonna die.
    Oh great, oh and here's the better part. This is brilliant!
    Right near the end, I'll put a little flat piece with a little flag to give you hope. But then I'll put a little pool and a sand box, to mess with your ball again.

— And you do this one time?
    — Hell no!
    We do it 18 fricking times!!!! "
    - Frank Zappa

Fire From Within

LOL... Golf is OCD for 'rich' people. (j/k).

One of the happiest days I can remember was the first round I played with my brand new Wilson Fatshaft clubs. The clubs and the bag cost me $2800.00 at the time.
    One of my saddest days I can remember came only a week later. I got into a bike accident and separated both my shoulders.
    I could never play golf again without agonizing pain with every stroke.
    Sold them clubs soon after

I still do love the game, if only to watch
    - Frank Zappa

Speith is in the clubhouse and way outta contention.
    Lowery still at the top but with no forward momentum.
    Dustin Johnson, the ALMOST GUY, is in it still and doing great.
    Landry is toast.
    Jim Furik is coming outta the cheap seats and making a move but not many holes left for him.

Garcia is hot hot !!

- Frank Zappa

Pinball Wizard
    Crazed who are you kidding...you still play golf....On Xbox

Quote Originally Posted by Laser View Post
    Crazed who are you kidding...you still play golf....On Xbox
    Yup, I just played Oakmont last night and shot a 12 under par for 3 rounds !!

Them PGA professionals gots nothing on me !
    I rock !!
    - Frank Zappa

Pinball Wizard
    You know what is hilarious I was just watching Robin Williams stand up yesterday on TV where he did that bit, he was a freaking genius!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast