Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    yes it is against the law as they say

Quote Originally Posted by Bkman2020 View Post
    When you advertise that they have kodi built in with tons of channels and addons and your name is stamped all over it that does bring a lot of attention in court,
    so true just asking for trouble
    Two of the greatest qualities
    to have in live are:

PATIENCE
    and
    WISDOM

so how about those samsung android tvs that always say kodi?

oh sony android will them be ban from selling?dont think so

Warrior
    Show me where a Samsung TV says kodi

get active
    I think people need to realize, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic and all other devices made by manufacturers who make Smart Tv's and devices that have Kodi installed have done nothing illegal. Kodi is simply media software. Once you download and install Kodi, there is nothing illegal within Kodi itself. The illegal part comes AFTER kodi has been installed and the "owners", be it the manufacturer's, third party software or those who buy and use it to install software that provides illegal access to television programming. This isn't new, its just a new way of doing it. IKS and satellite has been doing it for years, IPTV has just provided another way to do it. Kodi can be downloaded and installed on Windows, Linux, Android and other devices. There is no need to buy, own or use any particular one of these devices as Kodi is a software media center that allows you to load whatever type of media you want, music, video, graphics, tv, or files that provide media with various players that can be loaded into Kodi. Repeat Kodi is not illegal, the illegalities comes after and kodi assumes no responsibility as to what gets loaded or how people use it.

get active
    Quote Originally Posted by NBS View Post
    Show me where a Samsung TV says kodi
    Samsung Smart TV's, like other Smart Tv's come with apps or access to apps and Kodi is a software application which can be downloaded from various app stores or directly from the Kodi website. Much like buying other devices which come with Kodi or a way to download and install Kodi. Kodi is not illegal, it does not control what owners or what developers do with it. This is where the other software comes in like Stalkerware, Middleware or whatever name they want to stick on their software.
    Nobody is doing anything illegal with Kodi, its what they use and how they use after they load kodi.

Warrior
    I am aware of all that but that is not what I asked for . The person said Samsung was advertising kodi. I asked where.

Fire From Within

Hard to believe that Samsung or any TV manufacturer advertising Kodi. Samsung can't even load Kodi as far as I know, and there are a few TV's that have Android as their OS, but doesn't advertise Kodi ... I think Kodi.tv would have a fit about that if they did without getting paid.

get active
    Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    Hard to believe that Samsung or any TV manufacturer advertising Kodi. Samsung can't even load Kodi as far as I know, and there are a few TV's that have Android as their OS, but doesn't advertise Kodi ... I think Kodi.tv would have a fit about that if they did without getting paid.
    Kodi is free, it can be downloaded and installed directly from the Kodi website. It has a Windows installer which will install it into Windows, there are several other versions of Kodi that can be also downloaded and installed into all kinds of devices with various operating systems including Android. If Nvidia Shield TV has it on their android device and I have it listed as an app on my Panasonic Plasma Smart Tv, I really don't understand why Kodi would be a problem with any other Smart Tv's but then anyone can use their PC with windows and Kodi to connect it to their Smart Tv's and watch whatever they have loaded on Kodi or their PC's for that matter.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast