Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    get active
    Quote Originally Posted by NBS View Post
    I am aware of all that but that is not what I asked for . The person said Samsung was advertising kodi. I asked where.
    This may have been a retailer advertising their Samsung Tv's which have a Kodi app and not Samsung itself. This is a guess but either scenario would be likely.

get active
    Quote Originally Posted by horseboy View Post
    so how about those samsung android tvs that always say kodi?
    Might help if you provide a non link to a website or retailer that was providing this info. As for android TV, there are a lot of android devices as even the Nvidia Shield TV has Kodi and it probably does show the app on one or more of their ads. There is nothing illegal about Kodi itself or Stalker middleware either. Its what gets loaded via the software that becomes a legal issue and only if it relates to illegal programming services not the software that provides a bridge to it.

its the online stores selling kodi installed on boxes full of third party addons that have been charged and targeted and shut down

Fire From Within

The point is that there are no TVs sold with Kodi pre-installed, as far as I know, and that the Samsungs have never been reported to be able to load Kodi. We are now off topic, so get back to it.
    --

Re-opening the thread. Keep discussion to the Android boxes with preloaded Kodi and apps.
    Last edited by dara; 06-12-2016 at 06:46 PM.

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by LEAFER9999 View Post
    its the online stores selling kodi installed on boxes full of third party addons that have been charged and targeted and shut down
    no one has been charged or shut down

they have been served to cease and decist selling boxes , as I know someone who was and will be challenged in the court systems

here is what its called

Interlocutory is a legal term which can refer to an order, sentence, decree, or judgment, given in an intermediate stage between the commencement and termination of a cause of action, used to provide a temporary or provisional decision on an issue.

its plain and simple guys. its just like FTA box. when you buy its legal. when you download bin file to get illegal stuff you are in trouble. sam with android boxes. they are legal. kodi software it self is legal. when you download kodi its blank just like FTA box nothing inside. when you add add-ons with kodi or get device pre installed add-ons that what makes it illegal. hope this clears everybody. kof

Fire From Within

Unlike 'bins' with FTA boxes, add-ons and apps do not decrypt a "private" satellite stream. They enable a user to view a rebroadcast of a stream or a copy of a program. The question in Canada is that do these boxes violate the owner of the copy-write (or the licensee) of their ability to charge a viewer for viewing it?

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by LEAFER9999 View Post
    they have been served to cease and decist selling boxes , as I know someone who was and will be challenged in the court systems
    Dont know why they would have to serve a cease and desist order The court ordered them to stop
    What police force? etc
    curious on how they are proceeding
    Last edited by NBS; 06-13-2016 at 01:36 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast