Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    that long post above doesn't say anything about what happened in canada the last few days via kodi addons and box sellers selling loaded boxes
    streaming live etc... and is irrelevant to whats going on now
    so not sure what the point is of the post is , and its talking about streaming of other services like netflix etc...
    the 2 tv giants in canada are trying to make new rules and this will happen through the courts , its started and will be interesting to see where it goes and
    who's affected....

@greg:

Thanks for the interesting read/info! Even tho I'm in the US, I found the info in ur post interesting and useful. Why another poster chose to critique it / label it as lengthy and then declare it not applicable to (his view of) "current" reactive legal rumblings being put forth by certain organizations with regard to the legality or illegality of certain bundled Kodi add-ons by box makers/sellers, well...that's not fair, given ur post was just meant as a general overview of current/possible emerging Canadian laws and interpretations over various aspects of streaming content as it pertains to iptv-sourced content streaming in Canada, in general.

Regarding Android boxes potentially or otherwise being in hot water with "questionable" Kodi-compatible add-ons pre-installed on them at the time of sale...that's a bummer...for everyone...but for which there's a simple and elegant solution...just don't include them with the hardware at the time of sale. Let the end user do some basic searching online, much like most peeps do when looking for just about anything they're considering purchasing, and they'll find lots of add-ons for their Android iptv boxes, right?!?

Again, even tho I'm based in the US, I appreciated ur post and found it worthy of a read and a re-read!
    Thanks!
    Last edited by jropps; 06-15-2016 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Added Android/Kodi-specific comments

Junoir Member
    We're all pissed here we can never get any peace here first dishnet now this cable company's were hurting they win for now . Like I said we're all pissed good luck keep reading thx..

Junoir Member
    Just tell them nit to advertise that's how you can get in trouble like those idiots ou youtube that's how it all started my friend. Big mouths no brains .....

Fire From Within

It appears that the customized "IPTV" service boxes, like the Avov's and Dreamlink T1 have removed the questionable apps from their markets. None of the remaining apps will show the content that the companies are complaining about without a password, or add-ons that would be installed by a user. These customized android box sellers could just sell their boxes without the pre-loaded add-ons, but you can easily get those for lots cheaper. I guess they can sell 'support' but all you really need is to search on youtube for help.

Junoir Member
    I have not heard any updates to this Canadian legal action in a while, does anyone have any updates?

thanks

its all done with the main ones change the way they word the info and keep the apps off the box

Yep lol. Instead of the cut the cable it's "reduce your monthly bill"

Junoir Member
    hello my name is trevor im in the british virgin islands and my connections keeps going down. can someone please explain why this keeps happenning?

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dno933 View Post
    Yep lol. Instead of the cut the cable it's "reduce your monthly bill"
    Yup. LOL!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast