Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My TVOnline 4 Review

Ok so jsut got my box in the mail. the box it comes in is of higher quality, and the device itself looks very nice and well built.

Boots up quick and right into settings, settings layout is very simple and easy to follow.

setting up the tv client was painless.

The app store is snappy and installing and uninstalling apps is painless, there are quite a few decent free streaming apps as well.

The stalker client is OK as far as stalker clients go.. I like the way it displays the groups on the side of the channel list so you can easily switch.

not sure why the remote has a guide button, doesnt seem to do anything, this is very dissapointing.. its 2016.. Having to highlight a channel just to see whats on for the several hundred channels i watch, well its a deal breaker for me.
    The remote itself looks nice and sems to be of OK quality, but i must say, pressing buttons sometimes they dont work, and there is a delayed reaction time when you press the OK button that the other buttons dont have... this makes typing things in on screen painful.

Changing the volume has an annoying beep which it could do without.

In conclusion.. I have to say, Its an OK Android box and very easy to get set up with our services..,

If your wondering wether you should get this or a MAG, I say this hands down.
    IF your wondering wether you should get his or a Dreamlink T1, Its a toss.

IF you are more experienced or dont mind getting your hands dirty and setting up a kodi box from scratch, which can be a bit more painful, i say save your money and buy a cheap M8S plus android box.. But if ease of installation, Reliability and ease of use are what you want then the AVOV is a competitive choice.
    Last edited by psycon; 06-09-2016 at 12:49 AM.

what i did a 4 gig backup and it took 15 mins something is wrong and to load kodi on it maybe one min for the app but yes they are having problems with the server i said that today and i sent your info in i know something is wrong any app i loaded took about a min or less for me
    Last edited by Marley; 06-08-2016 at 12:29 AM.

bry bryb
    I"d try a simple reboot. Turn off(button on back) and power back up. Worked on mine.

Good honest review. I think I have decided against upgrading my boxes to the TVO 4. Not worth the money spent.

yes that was a honest review but not a very true one when a sever has problem yes you'll get that which he said would review later too and i trust psycon lets see what he says later i even said it should load in a min and bdotp you have your right too

your right asft.. the server issue or glitch did have a negative affect on my review. I have modified it to take that out of the equation, installing things and using the marketplace are very fast and snappy now..

All in all I just think I had higher hopes for this box.. Thats not to mean its a bad box or not worth the money, it works ok and is a decent box for the price.. I may personally like my cheaper android boxes and run kodi, but i know what I am doing so setting them up comes easy to me, but i know for a fact it can be overwhelming for new users, and the cheaper boxes dont have warranties and the support the AVOV has.

If your new to all this, meaning new to NFPS, Rocket, or IPTV676 and your wanting to get up and running quickly and easily, and want the added benefit of being able to install kodi so you perhaps learn more down the road, then the TVonline 4 is a good option.
    Last edited by psycon; 06-09-2016 at 12:51 AM.

I love my AVOV boxes and I am still happy with even my tvonline. But after familiarizing myself with Kodi, all they seem to be worth to me is for the stalker client. So I can't justify shelling out that much money for a lack of modern day stb specs.

I would still recommend it to anyone who is new to it. But to me the ram isn't enough to make me confident. It's already about two yrs old in terms of specs. I'm sure it runs smooth just looking for something long term at the moment.

then the other boxes for specs is even older so what if your happy with what you get and its ez to run for many family's thats why they did it not for hard core heck i have one running 16 gigs of video ram now so what cost is way up there these boxes where made to be ez so hope grandma and my wife can run it which i can say they do was that way at start and still is was even call long time ago a family box or maybe still is hard core no i will even say that
    Last edited by Marley; 06-09-2016 at 02:46 AM.

I think this box is perfect for new users.. I got a mag, I hate it, its slow as molasses, the AVOV TVonline 4 is soo mech faster than my mag and the UI is also so much simpler.

I agree with bdotp though meaning;
    if you want a box with easy to use stalker client, fast to get running out of the box, and the option to run kodi and install other apps. this is a good choice
    but if you want a current dedicated kodi box, you really want something with more ram..

To be fair to AVOV.. they do use a modified Android ROM that uses less ram when idle compared to some other boxes.. ie:the fire tv stick... the avov has double the free ram when sitting idle than a fire tv stick does.

I just received my box yesterday and this box is very nice.it is sleek in design and smaller than my vixo 2. kodi responds a lot quicker with this box and picture quality very good. Live TV works great as well so channels change much quicker.my only complaint is the remote feels really cheap.my vixo has a nicer remote. Looking for a new box or upgrade.this is the one to get.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast