Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How full is my guide supposed to be?

Windows 7 / Kodi 16 / Stalker Client 1.0.3 paired with Stalker EPG Updater 1.0.17 / NFPS server

My guide is like 60% full if you count the international channels. For reference, the first bunch of channels in my guide with "No information available", are ch. 85, 95, 102, 109, 110, 151, 153, 155, 160, 181, 189, 201, 216-219, 221, 224, 226-235, 240, 251-273, 404, 418-420, 442-443, 453-479, 485, 501-512, 515-521, 523-530... Then every international channel ("Country name 1", "country name 2", etc.)

I would just like to know if it's normal, and if not what can I do to try and have a full guide

thanks!

Here are screenshots of my EPG updater and Stalker client config. Please someone tell me why my guide is missing so much EPG data...

epg updater.jpg
    stalker.jpg

You can try to find more EPG data using mc2xml.. let us know the channel name, and xmltvid of the channels you find, as well as the command string you used to pull them. dont know how to sue mc2xml? google is your friend.

Hey, as always thanks for the help psycon, but why can't I get the full EPG with the Stalker EPG Updater like everyone else? Does it have something to do with my Internet IP or something? I've tried resetting/clean installing multiple times, I really don't understand what it is about my config that's keeping me from pulling a full EPG :\ I've been searching the forums but it seems like it's only me so I must be doing something wrong... But I can't figure out what it is.

It's random channels too, I don't see a pattern. For example, I pull data for ~ 70 PPV channels and the other 30 I don't get... From the first channel up until the PPVs i have like 90% full of the EPG, few holes here and there. Then I have zero data for the "X country channels" and I have like 80% of the latino channels, etc...

TV Addicted
    My guide changes from day to day, one day I have nothing, another day I have 70 to 80% full. I never have 100%. This guide is updated by an individual with information that he/she can find. Sometimes it is harder than you think to get all this information collected in a normal day. My British channels have the least in most cases. In any case, be thankful for what is provided. They could do like Ivue and force you to pay extra for this service. Opps. . . Maybe I should not of said that.

I have noticed epg doesnt populate much at times .
    Lets Go !

The epg script runs itself automatically, i dont really monitor it other than it has run. sometimes grabs jsut dont work, and will cause a missing block of data, not much we can do about this and it usually resolves itself.

as far as what should be there.. the english channels, with the exception of some sports, all the music chans , and the "adult" chans, should mostly all be there. same with the spanish.... some international channels have data, but i dont know any of those languages so thats as full as its going to get until someone who speaks those languages goes and finds data sources i can use.

speking of the internationals, they are not really any particular interest of mine.. looking at my website data 90-95 of people who go to my site are from english or spanish speaking countries, and or likely understand english. im not going to put a lot of time into something only 5% of the people likely care about.. its just not worth the time and effort for me. need.

if u dont like the epg dont use it. if you dont like that the server doesnt have epg for some channels, you may as well go back to your local provider, because thats jsut they way it is with ALL stalker based servers from what i have seen.

Remember. in the beginning, i made this EPG for myself. so i knew what was on.. Then i decided to share it so everyone else could benefit... Others have helped fill in many of the channels as well but I already filled in all the channels I care about, so I am only performing maintenance at this point.. if someone on their own wants to find the channel ids and grab strings using mc2xml for any missing channels, feel free to google mc2xml and learn how to use it, then give me the ids and grab strings so i can add them to the main grab.
    Last edited by psycon; 06-08-2016 at 08:58 AM.

hmm sorry if anything I said came off as rude, I merely wanted to know if my guide was "normal", I wasn't complaining at all! If I'm getting the same guide other users are getting, I'm completely fine with that.

Do you get a full EPG if you use a box?

no need to apologize,, i come off as harsh sometimes, im merely trying to explain in detail.

you get the same, even less if you use a box and the server WPG

Junoir Member
    Afternoon. Today I got missing items also in my grid. Also ppv channels not there on guide but if I change to channels I see them. Sky is also missing. From reading above is this common? Thx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast