Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    TV Addicted
    no guide on mag again

11 JUN 2016

@psycon:
    Any word as to what's going on with the missing EPG/Guide data on the MAG254 and other boxes since the 8th?

Thanks!

MAG 254, r14, 50Mbps Dn/10Mbps Up, Hard Wired Portal 2
    Last edited by jropps; 06-14-2016 at 10:45 PM.

Bump!
    Anyone have any meaningful info as to what's going on with the recurring missing EPG/Guide situation on the MAG254 STB's?
    Kinda strange no info is forthcoming from anyone in the know. Weird.

MAG 254, r14, 50Mbps Dn/10Mbps Up, Hard Wired Portal 2

Monday, 27 JUN 2016

EPG/Guide missing in action, again. Given all of the freezing/downtime as of late/the past couple of weeks, I guess it shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

Anyway, Ive read the announcement from nfps both here and on the other site, back on 23/24 JUN respectively, and have been watching this and the other site for any updates to the situation, but there haven't been any from nfps since then, just venting/frustration-based speculation posts from members who have reached/surpassed their levels of patience.

Hope both the EPG and the service return with some degree of reliability soon.

3 MAG 254's in different geo-locations, all on r14, 30-50Mbps Down/10-25Mbps Up, all 3 Hard Wired, 2 on Portal 2, 1 on Portal 4, All 3 spanked, tanked and yanked! LoL
    Last edited by jropps; 06-27-2016 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Fix typos

The EPG is being pulled jsut fine.. what is happening is some of channel data must have some invalid characters causes the mag devices to crash.. as a result the server just shut off the epg all together.. I have no control over this. they will likely turn the epg back on in a few days when the trouble data has run its course through the epg
    Last edited by psycon; 06-27-2016 at 08:25 PM.

@psycon:

Wow! Thx for the info/update!

Hmmmm...Interesting...I wonder if the MAG254 STB's would benefit from a firmware update from Informir to be able to handle (or at least survive) this type of extraneous data in the stream, vs the server folks just summarily lopping off all EPG/Guide data to them from the server. Seems a bit extreme to make it an "all or nothing" kind of premise.

Makes me wonder what, if any Android box (vs the MAG254 STB) with whichever robust (Kodi or whatever) plug-ins would be more likely to be able to consistently interpret the EPG/Guide data being thrown at it like it currently is. I need dedicated boxes with reliable EPG/Guide data services/plug-ins running on them, vs the Kodi emulator software running on a laptop, tablet, etc., mainly because the family members/friends I've assisted in getting on board with the nfps service/IPTV service in general simply don't want to have to mess around with the technical aspects of keeping Kodi up & running or fiddling around with any of it, other than to reboot or power off/on a "box" occasionally if/when needed. LoL

Thanks again for the info/update, and as usual, thanks to you/the ********** teams' continuing efforts to bring EPG/Guide data service at all to the various platforms, boxes and/or emulators.
    Last edited by jropps; 06-27-2016 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Fix typos

mags r showing epg again on most channels... still require a lot of channel changes & rebooting, but guide is back at neighbors...
    mag 254,,,nfhd:cool:

Monday, 04 JULY 2016

EPG/Guide missing in action again, only one week after it went out prior.

On the MAG254 STB, if you right-arrow over to the EPG/Guide display from the mini-view window, you can see previous EPG/Guide data up thru approximately 3am today, but none past that, for most (all?) channels.

Cold & warm reboots and portal restarts of the STB, plus cold reboots of all communications equipment did not resolve the issue.

Was wondering if any of the other STB's and/or emulators are experiencing this same issue?

3 MAG 254's in different geo-locations, all on r14, 30-50Mbps Down/10-25Mbps Up, all 3 Hard Wired, 2 on Portal 2, 1 on Portal 4, All 3 have same EPG Issue

I have the same issue on my PC when running Kodi under Windows 7, but not on the same PC when running Linux. I've looked at the config several times and can see no difference between them. On the windows side I have to go fetch the zip file manually and replace the epg xml file using the file manager to get the guide to populate.
    TVFan in the West

Kodi 17.1 RC with PVR Simple Client on PC using Win 10, and
    Kodi 17.1 RC with Stalker Client on PC using Xubuntu 16.04

@TVFan:
    Thanks for ur input/reply. Interesting!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast