Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Junoir Member
    I finally got the guide to work on my OTT TV box with Kodi16.1. I was wondering if there was a channel guide that I could print out to have a better idea of where to go. The latest epg that downloaded today has 971 channels, and channels 417 to 962 are in other languages, so are totally useless, is there any way to delete them?

Psycon, I still have to every day around 8pm, delete my database (epg11.db) and restart to get the UK channels.

Just FYI. I don't complain about it because I just figured this was something I had to do.

Is this true or am I missing something?

Could this be fixed if instead of 2:49am for me that my update happened at 7pm??

TV Addicted
    Good question. Looking forward to the response. Primarily because my auto update doesn't work and if it did, the update time should be set just before the UK channels runs out of data.

Quote Originally Posted by ljhookem14 View Post
    Psycon, I still have to every day around 8pm, delete my database (epg11.db) and restart to get the UK channels.

Just FYI. I don't complain about it because I just figured this was something I had to do.

Is this true or am I missing something?

Could this be fixed if instead of 2:49am for me that my update happened at 7pm??

Quote Originally Posted by caribchief View Post
    Good question. Looking forward to the response. Primarily because my auto update doesn't work and if it did, the update time should be set just before the UK channels runs out of data.
    You can go into the epg updater settings (xml file) in the userdata/addondata directory and change the time to whatever you would like for your rig. You could also turn off the update feature and just download the file from github yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by caribchief View Post
    For a while, I was having to delete the epg11.db as well but have since found that all I have to do when this happens is to clear data in the kodi settings for live tv...under tv > guide > clear data. It works for me every time and I don't have to restart kodi.

Also, you can edit the stalker epg updater settings.xml file with any editor and change the time to what works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jagged View Post
    I finally got the guide to work on my OTT TV box with Kodi16.1. I was wondering if there was a channel guide that I could print out to have a better idea of where to go. The latest epg that downloaded today has 971 channels, and channels 417 to 962 are in other languages, so are totally useless, is there any way to delete them?
    Kodi has a built in channel manager that you can use to edit the channels you want or don't want. You can enter it in 2 ways: under Kodi settings > live tv > general > channel manager; or from within the pvr itself. To do the latter, go to channel listings and bring up the context menu (menu button, 'c' or right click, depending on your hardware). Then the tedious effort of going down the list of channels and deselecting those channels you want to 'hide' from the right column (un-tic 'active' and also do the same for 'activate guide' to speed load time a bit, then click on 'ok' to save.

Be Warned: the first time you opt to clear data in the Kodi Settings > Live TV, clear data... you will lose all your work (20-ish minutes). So don't do that!

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by expatter; 06-04-2016 at 12:30 AM.

08 JUN 2016

Issue: The EPG/Guide is fading out/missing info all over the place again, just like it did 8 days ago back on 30 MAY 2026

I hope psycon can take another look into why it's gone M.I.A. yet again.

Thanks!

MAG 254, r14, 50Mbps Dn/10Mbps Up, Hard Wired Portal 2

yup noticed that this evening too.. will look into it tomorrow

Thanks psycon...today, on the live US channels, it's gone almost entirely now, so i guess it's something fairly significant. Good luck with getting it resolved, and as always, thanks to you/the ********** team for your ongoing efforts to provide us with EPG/Guide services at all, on all platforms.

TV Addicted
    sorry already posted this but I am in the middle of getting this new android box going

trying to use psycon epg updater but there is no option for portal 22.iptvrocket, can I not use his updater with portal 22?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast