Junoir Member

Kodi Fork Question 16.3 SPMC ... is it real ?

Am I in the wrong area? I am trying to find information on a Kodi Fork called SPMC 16.3. I saw 16.2 posted a lot, tried it and it runs great, but only see the 16.3 in a couple of places and wonder if it is legit. These look like secondary sites carrying this and wanted to know if it is safe to try. It appears to have been out for a month and it seems there would be some information to check this out before running it. Some boxes won't run the official 16.1 Kodi and are forced into using forks. I am having a hard time finding current information on this and this must affect many people. Maybe there needs to be a new category for forks?
    Thanks

Pinball Wizard
    Here is the official download

Code:
    http://spmc.semperpax.com/

Junoir Member
    Thank you I guess it is real. I could not find that original site. Does the forum plan to test different types of forks for different boxes? Without the forks, many good boxes become obsolete. That seems like a shame especially since this is the original writer of XBMC before all the trademark problems and differences of opinions. In my opinion some of the best boxes have to use forks now. Since you are on top of it do you know if there is a newer Kodi fork of ZDMC than 16.0? Do you have a link for that?
    Thanks again

kodi.tv for open source native KODI. There are beta's and nightly's /kens

Pinball Wizard
    No idea of that
    Quote Originally Posted by summer View Post
    Thank you I guess it is real. I could not find that original site. Does the forum plan to test different types of forks for different boxes? Without the forks, many good boxes become obsolete. That seems like a shame especially since this is the original writer of XBMC before all the trademark problems and differences of opinions. In my opinion some of the best boxes have to use forks now. Since you are on top of it do you know if there is a newer Kodi fork of ZDMC than 16.0? Do you have a link for that?
    Thanks again

we more cater to questions about the NFPS/Rocket/IPTV66 service and related addons, not kodi or its forks, that being said if having issues with a certain fork or addon and one of the mention services dont hesitate to ask, someone may have experience with it.. I for one have been using SPMC more as i mainly use android boxes ad like some of its features

Junoir Member

Kodi Fork SPMC 16.3

Quote Originally Posted by psycon View Post
    we more cater to questions about the NFPS/Rocket/IPTV66 service and related addons, not kodi or its forks, that being said if having issues with a certain fork or addon and one of the mention services dont hesitate to ask, someone may have experience with it.. I for one have been using SPMC more as i mainly use android boxes ad like some of its features
    Thanks I have been using the SPMC 16.2 but it did not work for me on the Zidoo X6 Pro box. Do you know a way to get it to work on that box? I see (ZDMC ZIDOO FORK) has not updated since 16.0 and keeps flashing nags to upgrade to 16.1 Kodi which it will not work on I believe. Are these rockchips going to be obsolete?

Thanks,
    I have have a hard time finding this info by using the search buttons on different sites.

Patato TV
    Thanks I have been using the SPMC 16.2 but it did not work for me on the Zidoo X6 Pro box. Do you know a way to get it to work on that box? I see (ZDMC ZIDOO FORK) has not updated since 16.0 and keeps flashing nags to upgrade to 16.1 Kodi which it will not work on I believe. Are these rockchips going to be obsolete?

Thanks,
    I have have a hard time finding this info by using the search buttons on different sites.

zidoo x6 is based on Rockchip RK3368 chipset
    which is not supported anymore by the latest version of SPMC
    due to a lack of its official documentation

so you must downgrade it to ISENGARD v15.x ( Android Lollipop ↑ )
    or HELIX v14.x ( Android KitKat ↓ )

get active

Thanks,
    I "think" you would be better informed if you were to go to Kodi website and look in the download section and see if they have what you're looking for. You could also go to Utube and see what applies to your box with respect to Kodi as there are plenty of posts there that might relate to what you're inquiring about. Kodi also has Kodi for beginners which might help get you informed.

I would focus on which operating system your box is using and then check to see which version of Kodi will run with it. Simply put, you have to use the right version with your operating system otherwise you might wind up trying to use two non compatible versions. Windows, Apple, Android, Linux, Unix all different and they have different versions as does Kodi.
    Last edited by Deadwood; 06-06-2016 at 04:14 PM.

I run this on my fire tablet