Thread: no dsl

Unhappy no dsl

i bought a home found rather quickly theres no cable or dsl realtor lied or didn't know what he's talking about any way i refuse to get satellite so whats left would any of the mobile phone data plans work. personaly i think I'm screwed can't use my tvonline i miss it thanks for any ideas

TV Addicted
    you should reconsider fta satellite also known as IKS. not any info here because this is iptv,
    but iks uses practically zero bandwidth you can watch tv all day and not use hardly any bandwidth at all.
    streaming over the internet iptv uses enormous amount of data. being in the states you might find a unlimitted data plan?

iks

Quote Originally Posted by Sandiver View Post
    you should reconsider fta satellite also known as IKS. not any info here because this is iptv,
    but iks uses practically zero bandwidth you can watch tv all day and not use hardly any bandwidth at all.
    streaming over the internet iptv uses enormous amount of data. being in the states you might find a unlimitted data plan?
    sandiver thanks thats intersting but a couple questions i am using dialup will that work and iks is all hd now what kind of dish and how do i get a dish thanks

Is your location rural? Dsl only goes 18000 ft and that is actual wire length from the provider. In my area its Frontier Communications. I have a friend that could not get Comcast cable even though the cable ran past his house,he would request a site survey, they would come do one and reply we are not crossing the street. He contacted their business division and they installed a business connection for him.It costs more but you might try that. Another option is to look for a wireless ISP.

its rural but just off a major road i will ask for them to run a line to me thanks zdcyclops

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvia View Post
    sandiver thanks thats intersting but a couple questions i am using dialup will that work and iks is all hd now what kind of dish and how do i get a dish thanks
    dial up works fine.

if you can afford it the easiest way is to sign up and pay for the cheapest dish network package and let them install all the equipment. after they leave you can then simply disconnect the dish receiver and connect the fta receiver.

however that is not cheap. you can find satelite dishes and receivers on ebay and do it yourself but that will require you doing some reading on how to do it.

one thing sandiver i have dialup how do you get the regular phone line connecter hooked to the ethernet port on these boxes because i have to use a small plug in modem for my laptop i have no desk top thanks

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvia View Post
    one thing sandiver i have dialup how do you get the regular phone line connecter hooked to the ethernet port on these boxes because i have to use a small plug in modem for my laptop i have no desk top thanks
    i will send you a pm. this site is for iptv and if we start discussing iks to any length it would be frowned upon.