get active

Nvidia Shield Tv - 2 versions - 16gb basic or 500gb - both with playstore & Kodi

I thought I would post this as there doesn't appear to be any links or posts on this android box which runs Marshmallow 6.0, has very high end hardware and a controller with a headphone jack for those who like late night viewing without making a whole lot of noice. Nvidia has provided free games with this controller much the same as the AVOV Vixo 2 but they tend to be a PS3, Xbox 360 quality and it supports 4k. For those who might be interested in this high end box, it comes with a high end sticker price which I had a hard time justifying but the quality is second to none. support is good and it has its own forum for those who need additional help. The specs is what sold me but there are some aspects to this box which doesn't float my boat. First off, it doesn't have a reset button, it is limited to a software reset which won't be available if your box gets locked up. Next, it is linked to Nvidia which has this box linked to Google which limits the apps, the type of apps and what you can and cannot do with this box although marshmallow 6.0 is very nice indeedy. This box has Bluetooth and there are a limited number and models of wireless bluetooth mice and keyboards that you can pair up and work well with this box and the two that I found are both made by Microsoft. The controller is the remote for this box and it has a headphone jack for wireless audio late at night. I really like the box, I don't like Google but I do like Kodi so I bought one and I really do like this box but it comes with a bitter sweet pills beginning with the price, google and no hardware reset.

Pinball Wizard
    Nice review, thank you!!!