Junoir Member

url open error timed out

Ok, so after getting my donation and MAC address configured with IPTV Stalker on Kodi (make sure you have the ********** repo) everything was running smoothly. I began linking channels on Ivue and was feeling like this was money (a donation) well spent. Then after about two hours, not so much.

At first I figured it may have been a cache issue. So I cleared cache within Stalker, then on the maintenance tool, and after shutting down kodi 16.1 properly, I cleared cache on the app screen of my android box. Fast forward 6 hours, and any channel that's not a generic international choice (France3, Canada 2, Brazil5 etc.) is doing nothing more than loading for 30 seconds before the error message "urlopen error timed out" flashes at the bottom of the screen.

Here's what I'm trying to figure out. Barely two hours after launching stalker, and staying on the same Mac/login, same box, and same IP address, what action of mine could trigger a shutdown of service against my IP? I've read similar situations that have burdened other users on this board, but couldn't come up with anything other than the iptv provider appears to be blocking access, not the ISP.

I have tryed everything suggested in previous posts except for running my box on a different internet connection (I will when I get the chance). I've logged in and changed my NFPS from portal 2 to portal 3, did a hard reset on my router, and brought my stalker settings to default and reentered them countless times. Still, I'm left with "urlopen error timed out" messages.

If anyone has any guidance, it would be greatly appreciated. I've been reluctant to go with a paid iptv in the past, mainly because I feared that my donation would be taken, and I'd be left holding the bag. I'd hate to think that my assumption was right, and that the idea of 950+ channels for 12 months at $80 was to good to be true.

Junoir Member

Unhappy

Hi,

Sorry I don't have any thing useful to say but wanted to mention I have had a similar experience. I am also here looking for guidance, let's hope we both can get the assistants we need. Or we both may have been taught a lesson.

That is the simplest course of action...try it on an internet connection with a different internet provider. Go to a friend's, relatives or neighbor's house and hook up. You could also try a VPN.

Junoir Member
    Hi,

I have tried NFPS and iptv66 on my phone and another network. It still gives the same result, any other ideas Ilan?

Junoir Member
    So solved the issue. It was my IP address that was being blocked (I'm guessing from NFPS). Installed a VPN on the android box and it's up and running again. Need to invest in a legit remote now though as using my phone with the Google tv app or a kodi remote app won't sync up because of the VPN. Quick tip: if you run into an issue with your remote on an MXQ android box, you can plug a PS4 remote into the box to control it. Has to be by usb as most MXQ boxes don't support Bluetooth