Pinball Wizard

'Mr. Ed' Star Alan Young Dies at 96

Alan Young, who played Wilbur on the 1960s sitcom "Mr. Ed" has died, his rep told ABC News Los Angeles affiliate KABC.

According to the Motion Picture & Television Fund, the actor died of natural causes at the Motion Picture & Television Home in Woodland Hills, California.

He was 96 years old.

After serving in the Royal Canadian Navy during World War II, the English native began his career in radio, hosting his own series for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. In 1944, he made his American radio debut with an eponymous show, and two years later, he appeared in his first film, "Margie."

In 1950, Young landed his own TV variety program, "The Alan Young Show," for which he won an Outstanding Lead Actor Emmy. However, the role for which he became most famous came along a few years later, when he won the part of Wilbur Post, a man who could talk to his pet horse, in the series "Mr. Ed."

Throughout his decades-long career, Young also appeared on TV shows including "Murder, She Wrote," "The Love Boat" and "E.R.," as well as films including "Tom Thumb" and "The Time Machine." His resume also included voiceover work for the likes of "DuckTales" (he was Scrooge McDuck), "The Smurfs" (he voiced Farmer Smurf), and "Alvin & the Chipmunks."

R.I.P Mr.Ed had fond memories of that show was part of my youth when growing up.

Pinball Wizard
    Me too, he lived a long life!!

Fire From Within

Funny show. There's an episode that Clint Eastwood appeared where Mr. Ed was crank calling him because his horse was stealing his fillies.

Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BcXgim5Ws8