Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    The urlopen issue is internet related. I've had success when that occurs by using a vpn. Others have tried a different ISP and was able to get through. Sometimes it may be DNS related, so you may have to do a dns flush, or change the dns to a public one, like google's 8.8.8.8. Finally, it could be that the server is seeing 'interesting' activity regarding your IP address, and may be blocking it, or that some relay point is either purposely blocking packets to the end server, which is why a vpn sometimes works.

People are willing to help if you are genuinely trying to resolve your issue... but no one here is in 'papiao' or 'iptv66' customer support... If you have issues that require their attention because you have exhausted reasonable attempts to fix it, and you tell them what you have done, they'll probably be more willing to help you. Finally, statements that are baseless that the server is dead can be interpreted as 'bashing the service' and can lead to a ban... last warning.
    Hi, I'm having the same problems ... it was just the HD channels for me, but now most of the channel freeze for me . I change DNS I'm running VPN . Are there any setting in kodi I should do ????

Fire From Within

Quote Originally Posted by kcos54 View Post
    Hi, I'm having the same problems ... it was just the HD channels for me, but now most of the channel freeze for me . I change DNS I'm running VPN . Are there any setting in kodi I should do ????
    Check your video acceleration settings in the Kodi settings and turn them off... you may need to get into Advanced or Expert Mode to find that setting

Heads up, I have done what has been suggested in these last couple of posts, I have had trouble the last 3 days, I changed my dns on my xfinity business gateway, it still isn't working, still getting url timeout, I then connected to my iPhone with personal hotspot, worked like a charm, still iptv at its finest now to have fun and try to get a vpn so I don't have to use my iPhone, any suggestions would be appreciated!

TV Addicted
    if you connect fine through personal hotspot that probably means you bypassed going through your router/modem?

have you tried resetting your router and modem? how about the settings in the router?

TV Addicted
    The server is probably blocking your WAN IP address from your router. The only way you can generate a new IP address generated from your router is to force change it. This can be done by changing your default MAC address on your router located under Internet Setup. Same problem happened to me before and I did this and it worked. No harm in giving it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by techguy View Post
    Heads up, I have done what has been suggested in these last couple of posts, I have had trouble the last 3 days, I changed my dns on my xfinity business gateway, it still isn't working, still getting url timeout, I then connected to my iPhone with personal hotspot, worked like a charm, still iptv at its finest now to have fun and try to get a vpn so I don't have to use my iPhone, any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you caribchief, I restarted my router, still didn't work, I went and researched vpns and what do you know, downloaded the apk and configured to uk server and boom, back in business!

Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    Check your video acceleration settings in the Kodi settings and turn them off... you may need to get into Advanced or Expert Mode to find that setting
    Yes did that too. Still no joy LOL. Thanks tho.

Junoir Member
    everything is good working order now
    Last edited by John Brant; 05-20-2016 at 07:25 AM. Reason: everything is good working order now

tux tux tux
    if you can not ping mw1.iptv66.tv or it works with a vpn at a friend or using a phone, (like techguy) your router ip likely got banned. I got banned for no apparent reason the only thing I remember doing before it happened was to test the first version of iptv stalker 10 I then went back to pvr and after a hour or 2 I got flagged. luckily I can change my ip at will.

anyway you can resolve your ban pretty easy using a little trick with most isp's:

log on to your router and see if you can change the mac address, if you can; change the last or second last number (1-9) (A-F)
    save the settings, your router will ask to reboot, let it do that.
    because you changed the routers mac address the isp thinks a new or second router is connected, and to avoid collision with the 'old' router (which is really the same) it will give it a new dhcp lease with a new ip, and you are good to go again.

of cause it requires that you have some knowledge on logging on to your router and changing the mac.
    if the isp keep the password I would buy a new router or switch isp

btw iptv66 works fine here I have always used the pvr addon, except that one time I tested iptv stalker.
    I have never been down for more than 24 hours since July last year.

btw. i'm not saying it is iptv stalker, but apparently the server flags ip's under certain conditions which I am unaware of.
    @dara: do you think it could have something todo with nfps trying to ban clones and sometimes makes a mistake?
    Last edited by tuxen; 05-20-2016 at 08:02 AM.
    “there is nothing wrong with being insane, as long as you know it yourself.”

Fire From Within

That's possible, but any point in the routing could do it as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast