Junoir Member

upgrading from mag254 to 260 or newer willl this give me better performance?

Hi All,

New to all this so excuse my ignorance. I currently have a Mag254 and have found that I get some freezing and glitching on some of the channels, also I've found the picture a little grainy on some of the BBC channels although I do have a 48" tv so I wouldn't expect it to be perfect. My question is, would upgrading to a newer Mag model improve picture and performance a great deal or should I just stick with what I have? My download speed is 5mb at the most is this what could be causing the glitching? Thanks in Advance!

Hi Roger the 254 should be more than adequate for a 48" TV the issue with the screen is that most channels are SD have your tried a HD channel to see if it goes away like in the 500's the PPV's? You may also want to go to your inner portal make sure you are set for HD on the resolution so the box will upscale for you.

For the glitching yes internet is a big part of it more importantly the route of path your packets take to get to the host and vice versa. If you can try a VPN see is this clears things up for you in most cases it should. I can tell you I am running my service at work on my cell phone at around 10mb to 20mb depending on where I am in the building and have very little issues other than whens service goes offline or the two hour watch problem.
    My software has no bugs it develops random features.

Roger44,
    MAG 260 is not produced by approximately one year ago , it's not Linux and it's Android such replacement is not recommended. You've got the most appropriate box for this service at the present
    To watch IPTV - Full HD without problems you need 20-30 Mbps Internet, would be better if you change your Internet
    Last edited by xbmcbg; 05-16-2016 at 10:54 PM.
    none for now !

Hi wicked joker what is vpn and how would it differ to what the mag 254 is doing now ??

By using a a VPN like IPVanish your ISP can distinguish what packets you are running leaving them no choice but to allow it at your full speed so it helps if you are being throttled. Second you can connect to a closer VPN to the host so your traffic changes so basically you are not taking the same path as your normal ISP.

Junoir Member
    I have IPTV subscription but wondering which is the fastest box. I have 50'' Smart TV, 50 Mbps internet - I am currently using Android MXQ but it freezes a lot - HD channels don't play well. I want to watch HD and 4K channels.
    I have found 2 options: (i) MAG254 and (ii) HiMedia H8 Oct-Core 64 Bit CPU Android 5.1 TV Box
    Which one would you recommend? Please help. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gk08 View Post
    I have IPTV subscription but wondering which is the fastest box. I have 50'' Smart TV, 50 Mbps internet - I am currently using Android MXQ but it freezes a lot - HD channels don't play well. I want to watch HD and 4K channels.
    I have found 2 options: (i) MAG254 and (ii) HiMedia H8 Oct-Core 64 Bit CPU Android 5.1 TV Box
    Which one would you recommend? Please help. Thanks.
    GK you already asked this question here http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?1...stest-IPTV-Box please do not hijack other peoples threads..

Be sure to review forum rules here http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?50-Forum-Rules

Junoir Member
    Many thanks to all for your replies, it seems to be working quite well now I've upgraded the broadband speed, although still a few minor glitches which I can live with..... One thing I still can't work out on the Mag254 is on the home screen under LIVE TV it gives me sections to select such as uk,english movies,for adults etc.... I want to group my channels into some sort of order for my liking, how do I sort channels into my preferred order? Any help much appreciated! Thanks.