Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZurichKabel View Post
    yes blame the driver not the car - most problems are down to the provider (some are internet but not many)
    Just reporting what others have told me. I.E. son in law has 50 mbps service.... I have 6..... We both do Netflix..... he freezes and looses connection..... I do not.... He called when that was happening...... I was fine..... he had cable..... I have dsl.... Example number two.... Buddy lives couple states away... both have DSL.... he has more "noise" for lack of better term in his lines... I do not.... He drops signal..... Both have same ip provider.... Quality means a lot. Just like a sat signal you can have all the signal you want but crap for quality. I rest my case.... As far as blame goes, Can't blame anything as long as things are in testing mode. Was told that things would be up and down from the beginning. So that makes any conversation about "Who to blame" a little pointless don't it? Have a great one.

Several issues may cause freezing such as bad routing by your Isp provider,saturated line or bad equipment ect...

TV Addicted
    After taking the day away from the TV, Happy to report that everything seems to be very smooth. Haven't gone through all the channels, (Noticed the count went even further up!), but the many I went to loaded quick and played without a hitch. This was done around 4:15 PM EDST. Just to let everyone know. Have a great day!

TV Addicted
    I upgraded to 6mbps yesterday and so far ( knock on wood ) the box has been playing almost flawlessly. TSN 1 dropped out and i went to TSN 2 and it played just fine. all evening tonight i have had 0 problems out of the mag254

not less then 10 on ADSL ,customers with 30mb VDSL or 300mb cable never report problems ..

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZurichKabel View Post
    not less then 10 on ADSL ,customers with 30mb VDSL or 300mb cable never report problems ..
    FYI..... I run 6 meg on ADSL all day and roam the internet while watching the mag with no problems..... Son in law has cable..... 50 mbps service..... he has problems at certain times of the day. It really depends on several factors not just pure speed. My area has all new equipment that was installed last summer.... son in law has very old equipment that the cable company will be replacing shortly.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    I upgraded to 6mbps yesterday and so far ( knock on wood ) the box has been playing almost flawlessly. TSN 1 dropped out and i went to TSN 2 and it played just fine. all evening tonight i have had 0 problems out of the mag254
    There will be dropouts at times as they work. Another way to check if it a internet connection problem is to load a channel list on the inner portal, then if you wonder about your connection, just go to the list and see how that plays. That's what I do when I notice things acting up to check connection.

get active
    Quote Originally Posted by aliyk6 View Post
    I've tried it on 6mb/s and it works pretty good, assuming no other devices are streaming on the same network
    .....I can confirm your findings with respect to 6mb/s

Moderator at Work
    Am on DSL with old lines in this area 7meg and sometimes weekend evenings it is bad last night though was good with AVOV and mag254 running at same time, a few times have forgot to turn channel off and had three units running which caused some freezing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12