Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ultimate 3 button Wheel Mouse Mod. for KODI IPTV and LiveTV

Here is the final (I think)version of Mouse.XML for adding functionality to a 3 button wheel mous e, for use with KODI and specifically LiveTV for IPTV.
    As before:
    - Middle wheel button stops channel playing, but more importantly, stops the "Working ... - Death Spin".
    - You can now use the EPG Guide to peruse the channels. Your Wheel will now move channels Up/Down vertically, instead of moving the timeline horizontally.
    - While in Fullscreen TV mode, a Left Click will bring up your previous channel.(only when bottom info display is not on screen)
    - Right Click gets rid of the Bottom Info Display (or it times out after ~5 sec.). Another Right Click will bring up the Channel List or EPG Guide, whichever one you use.

Copy and Past the following text, into a plain text editor. Save it to your Userdata/keymap directory and name it mouse.xml (save it as plain txt format).
    ---------- Here is the file; ---------------------
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- kens - version 1.02 for PVR.Stalker LiveTV functionality: -->
    <!-- Button Ids: -->
    <!-- 0: left (in fullscreen mode- returns to last ch.) -->
    <!-- 1: right (Back/Previous Menu/or Ch.List/EPG) -->
    <!-- 2: middle (Stops Ch./ Stops "Working..." "Death Spin" (wheel moves Ch. up/dn in EPG)) -->
    <!-- 3/4/5/6: extra -->

<keymap>
    <global>
    <mouse>
    <leftclick>leftclick</leftclick>
    <rightclick>rightclick</rightclick>
    <middleclick>Stop</middleclick>
    <doubleclick id="0">doubleclick</doubleclick>
    <longclick id="0">contextmenu</longclick>

<wheeldown>wheeldown</wheeldown>
    <wheelup>wheelup</wheelup>
    <mousedrag>mousedrag</mousedrag>
    <mousemove>mousemove</mousemove>
    </mouse>
    </global>
    <tvguide>
    <mouse>
    <wheelup>Up</wheelup>
    <wheeldown>Down</wheeldown>
    </mouse>
    </tvguide>
    <FullscreenLiveTV>
    <mouse>
    <leftclick>Number0</leftclick>
    <rightclick>PreviousMenu</rightclick>
    </mouse>
    </FullscreenLiveTV>
    </keymap>

-------end of File------dont copy this line -------------------------
    Notes:
    - In KODI System Settings/TV/Guide - De-Select "Hide No Info Display". This makes channels with no guide data show up in EPG.
    - In KODI System Settings/Video/Playback - Select "Sync Playback to Display".

FYI- here is the approx. location you need to copy mouse.xml depending on your platform. Use a file Mgmt. program that you can see Hidden files and folders.
    Android Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/keymap (see note)
    iOS /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/
    Linux ~/.kodi/userdata/keymap
    Mac /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/keymap
    OpenELEC /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymap
    Windows c:\Users\<your_user_name>\app data\roaming\kodi\userdata\key map
    Note* Android location
    Sometimes the exact path will differ from device to device. The Android userdata folder is usually inside of "sdcard" so the path might be /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/keymap

If you have problems, just remove file from the directory and restart
    /kens

Ultimate 3 button Wheel Mouse Mod. for KODI IPTV and LiveTV

After Using the Wheel Mouse with the EPG, decided to modify the file a little bit.
    Now the EPG scrolls a full page per wheel increment, instead of 1 line at a time.
    This is ver 1.03;
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by catz; 06-30-2016 at 06:41 PM.

Probation
    I need your help please how do I get the MAC address on stalker plus I have the route number question is donation number your order number or route number

Ultimate 3 button Wheel Mouse Mod. for KODI 16 - IPTV and LiveTV -ver.1.04

Here is the latest tweak to mouse.xml, which adds further functionality to 3 button wheel mice, for use with LiveTV in KODI 16.

Now when you are in Full Screen Live TV, and if you are upgraded to ver.16 or above, a LongPress Click of the Left Button, will bring up the TV Channel onscreen Keypad.

At present it will come up with a #9 already in the edit window, but just click the back button on the Keypad.
    You also have to click the Enter button to send your Ch. change request.

And finally, you have to go to System/TV/Playback - and enable "Confirm channel switches by pressing OK".

As before, place mouse.xml in your Userdata/Keymap directory.

This is version 1.04
    mouse104.zip

Ultimate 3 button Wheel Mouse Mod. for KODI v16 IPTV and LiveTV-ver1.05

I think this is all the functionality of a remote I can squeeze into a mouse.
    In Full Screen LiveTV, the mouse movement is cancelled, but if you longpress the right button, the OnScreen Display returns with mouse movement until you click a function.
    The Scroll wheel is Volume up/dn.

Not having the mouse movement constantly bringing up the OSD, is a real plus in my book.

Check the 1st sticky for other instructions.
    This is Version 1.05

mouse105.zip

/kens

Probation
    Thanks For This Info
    If you are looking for a VPN for Kodi, i recommend you using IPVanish VPN: https://goo.gl/8jEpjy

IPVanish is one of the best VPN clients because it is tier 1 (no speed slowdown) and log-free so that you are protected. The cost is about the same as a Starbucks coffee per month. Sign up with this link: https://goo.gl/8jEpjy and get 25% off any VPN Plan with IPVanish VPN.

I use IPVanish VPN to protect my online identity and to access all my favourite Kodi addons.

Probation
    Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post

In Full Screen LiveTV, the mouse movement is cancelled, but if you longpress the right button, the OnScreen Display returns with mouse movement until you click a function.

Not having the mouse movement constantly bringing up the OSD, is a real plus in my book.

This is Version 1.05

mouse105.zip

/kens
    Please make a post with the Version 1.05 File it still Pending Approval.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alumun View Post
    Please make a post with the Version 1.05 File it still Pending Approval.
    kens files have been approved now.
    Thnx for bringing attention to that Alumun
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Probation
    Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post

This is Version 1.05

mouse105.zip

/kens
    kens,

Thank you for the amazing mouse.xml. I truly believe that Kodi as an IPTV set-top box replacement can not possibly be navigated with a mouse without it.

I have been having a single problem with this and was hoping you might know how to help.

I use the Clairvoyance build of Kodi which I found here as a very popular build to use with NFPS/66/ROCKET. It works amazing with your mouse script as well. However, when I move my mouse over ANYWHERE in the middle third of the screen vertically, a popup menu menu appears listing the same the options you would find if you were to press the left or right key while inside the guide. Naturally this makes navigating through anything very difficult. There are often items I want to click and when I go to click them, but the popup menu always appears on screen and makes it impossible to click on anything in the middle of the screen that it overlaps.

Any ideas?

Sounds bizarre, but I need to know what platform you are using(windows pc/android box/Apple etc), the version of Kodi, which screen does this happen(Full screen TV, Guide etc.) and what context menu(dialog box that pops up) list items are there.
    And what do you mean by " the middle 3rd of the screen "

Note: This may also be a result of the Clairvoyance build, since I have not ever used this kodi build.
    But let me know this info and I will try to assist.

Thanks for the feedback. /kens

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast