Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mag 254 Issue and need guidance.

My buddy has a Mag 254, and after much playing around, I was able to get his box working again, but when he brought it back home to use again, he had the same issue, the blue bar gets stuck. I don't recall the firmware he was on, but I did click on the software update, and it was updated to the latest firmware according to the box.

Could his issue be related to firmware, if yes, what firmware is the most stable, and where do I get it to side load it, and I assume it gets loaded via USB stick ?? Please advise.

I have done all on this site, have reset the IPTV, have rebooted numerous times, the first time, the issue was his URL server had changed, out of no where, he was on server 3, then the NFPS site changed it to server 4, so O changed it and after a few reboots, was able to get his box back working.

Sounds like he has to change his wifi to his at home , that's why it is not connecting & the blue line is not changing to yellow .

Quote Originally Posted by alphablondy View Post
    Sounds like he has to change his wifi to his at home , that's why it is not connecting & the blue line is not changing to yellow .
    Nope, it's hardwired, same way I set it up also.

and you went into the inner portal on the mag to make sure DHCP was grabbing an IP from his router?
    My software has no bugs it develops random features.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedjoker View Post
    and you went into the inner portal on the mag to make sure DHCP was grabbing an IP from his router?
    Yes sir.

On the sister site they are say just reboot from the inner portal and it take a couple time not sure what else you can do if you have the latest firmware and have reset the mac and the portal.
    My software has no bugs it develops random features.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedjoker View Post
    On the sister site they are say just reboot from the inner portal and it take a couple time not sure what else you can do if you have the latest firmware and have reset the mac and the portal.
    OK, I'll have him bring me back the Box and I will play with it and see, I'll report back once I get his box

OK update, I got my buddies box finally, and noticed when he brought to me to help him with, I would only get the blue screen and no loading bar, so I quickly realized that most likely a IPTV reset would solve the issue, and my guess for that was maybe when I helped him setup his box I have set it up with my hardwire internet and assumed when he connected to his home internet, the IP changed and therefore did recognize the box.

So I did an IPTV reset, then reboot his device and then I got the blue screen and only 1/4 of the yellow bar, waited about a minute and it wasn't moving from there, so I rebooted the box again, the second time the box loaded fully. The box was back up and running. So I told him when he got home and connected to his internet, that he would probably have the same issue, and to simply do the same I just did for him and reset the IPTV.

Well he did get home and the box did the samething, so he proceeded to do exactly as I mentioned and his box is working again at his house.

So I have 2 questions.

1) I thought you could travel with the box and have no issues using it on the road, but it seems you have to do an IPTV reset everytime you do that ??

2) Why when you do an IPTV reset, does the box have to be rebooted twice to fully load ??

Is it normal to having to keep resetting the IPTV, I had to reset it again for him tonight, what gives, could it be the SW version the box is on, when I try to do an update it keeps updating to the same SW hat on there which is version 0.218-r14-254 Jan 15-2016, is that the current version or is NFPS having issues ?? He is tired of having to reset it everytime, he'll change channel and then the box stops working and I have to reset it for him, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

i think poeple over reset i have never reset i just wait untill it looks like things are up and it goes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast