Respawn Entertainment, the developer behind Titanfall, is working on a new Star Wars video game for EA, the studio announced today. Stig Asmussen, the former God of War director, described the unnamed Star Wars title as a "third-person action/adventure game."

"I have been playing Star Wars games my whole life, now I get to make a Star Wars game," Asmussen wrote on Respawn's website. "On top of that, I get to do it at Respawn, a studio comprised of the most talented collection of game makers, creators, visionaries, and (most importantly) advocates for the player, that I have had the good fortune to work with. And we, like you all, have no shortage of Star Wars passion..."

Respawn's journey to a galaxy far, far away, is part of publisher Electronic Arts' deal with Disney to produce games based on the Star Wars license.

"[We] promise to pay respect to the Star Wars legacy at all times, a fact that will be constantly reinforced and honored as a central game design tenet," Asmussen said. "Fans should expect the exemplary level of quality first established at Respawn with Titanfall, a game that epitomizes our studio's dedication to slick, larger-than-life action and fun, groundbreaking mechanics. Moving forward, we couldn't ask for a better universe in which to continue this journey, and although I would love to share all of the exciting places we are going..."

Asmussen said today's announcement "might sound a bit dry," but that developing a Star Wars video game "opens up so many paths for us to go down, and an unparalleled playground to design within." He said that a "small, but incredibly talented team" will be working on the project.

Respawn joins Visceral Games, DICE, Capital Games, BioWare and Motive as one of the teams developing Star Wars games for EA. In a post on EA's website, Patrick Söderlund, executive vice president of EA Studios, said the publisher will be sharing more details on Visceral and Motive's games soon.

"Over the past few years, I've had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with Vince Zampella and his group," Söderlund added. "Their obsession with making games that feel amazing has helped make Titanfall one of the most successful new game launches of this generation. And now, with a new team led by Stig Asmussen, we get to see what they can do when you combine that great attention to gameplay with the power of Star Wars."

Respawn officially announced Titanfall 2 last month in the form of a teaser video. Asmussen joined Respawn in 2014 after leaving Sony Santa Monica.