Thread: OTA Channels

TV Addicted

OTA Channels

Does this unit have capabilities to get local tv channels? like all the over the air channels in particular area?

Quote Originally Posted by keegster17 View Post
    Does this unit have capabilities to get local tv channels? like all the over the air channels in particular area?
    No, the fuse has a tuner card, sold separate, that will do OTA although some work needs to be done still on it. I do believe that Mygiga has an box that does OTA as well.

TV Addicted
    So how does that work, with MyGica, it actually replaces old Antenna set up? Would I get particular channels in my area with no issues?

So how does that work, with MyGica, it actually replaces old Antenna set up? Would I get particular channels in my area with no issues?
    It works the same way as if you had Rabbit Ears. You would get your local channels with a good indoor or outdoor antenna, outdoor would be better as it would give you optimum signal. If you looking to do OTA I would suggest getting a cheap ATSC Tuner box that range about $40-50 bucks or most TV's have an antenna input at the back that you can get OTA chabnels.

TV Addicted
    ok thanks. I have a old Antenna, I thought the technology, was using this unit, without the need for the old type Antenna etc. Now I know. Would the Mygica boost or provide a better signal quality or anything like that versus typical channel master box?

ok thanks. I have a old Antenna, I thought the technology, was using this unit, without the need for the old type Antenna etc. Now I know. Would the Mygica boost or provide a better signal quality or anything like that versus typical channel master box?
    I would suggest going with a master box instead of an android box as their primary functions are for OTA so they have a better Chip and tuner to pick up even the weakest signal. There is a lot more involved when you want to get into OTA. Antenna's Receivers and also Amp and Preamps with long cable runs. The Old UHF antennas wont be good as you will need a VHF antenna so as you can see, there's more involved then simply an antenna and receiver. I have one on my Roof with a 10' pool and pick up over 40 stations with my Samsung SmartTV but I also do have a Separate receiver that's not better then my TV.

If you want to know more about OTA I would suggest you go here.

HTML Code:
    http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/81-over-air-ota-digital-television/