Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    hi Ilan i did what you said and changed the guide back to XMLTV only however when loading the guide i get the message again: unable to load guide...and when I set prefer XMLTV I get the provider guide.

where am I going wrong now?
    Thanks

Use the File Manager to browse to the epg_xmltv.xml file. It's the same path you establishrd in PVR Stalker client:

/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/

There will be quite a few files there, so you will have to search through them. We need to find out if the epg_xmltv.xml file is there. If not, there's something awry. If it's there, there is still the chance that it is corrupted, however, so...

If the file is there, delete it by right clicking on it. Then... Disable PVR Stalker client. Disable TV. Clear data in Channels and Guide. Exit and restart Kodi. This will get the updater to download a new epg file. Enable PVR Client. Enable TV.
    Last edited by ilan; 05-03-2016 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abzlad View Post
    Oh and mine is the full colour guide, this is all very strange. We both went down the same route and one has colour and one b&w
    Well I just noticed it worked for me too. I left it like that and last night when I turned on my box all the channels loaded with color and all. Just like you as of right now I'm a very happy camper. Got tired of trying everything I could think of to no avail. Glad I could help.

Hi Ilan,

I now see what you mean, I set this all up on my smartphone and it worked no problem, i also went to the location: /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/ and there is a file in there called epg_xmltv.xml however this is missing on my android box. what can I do to get this here?

Thanks!

Well, the updater should do it. I'm pretty sure you indicated this was a recent version of the updater. (Earlier versions downloaded the file directly to the PVR Stalker folder.)

You could uninstall the updater and then reinstall it. There could be an issue with the current installation.

Hi Ilan,

I really dont know what is wrong, here are all my steps tell me if anything is wrong. I am doing this on an android box with Kodi.

Fresh install---

Install ********** repo and install epg updater addon.

Enable addon and enter donation / MAC/ enable configure pvr stalker / select IP portal (iptv66) for me.

Go to pvr stalker enable this.

TV> clear data> restart kodi.

Go back in Kodi > system> tv> enable TV

Channels load but get message (unable to load guide)

I then check the location of guide by going to pvr stalker and choose browse it is going to the following: storage/emulated/0/android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/epg_xmltv.xml

however when i browse to the location manually there is no (EPG_xmltv.xml) file there at all only another the following:

* another temp folder which is empty
    *commoncache.db
    *cookies.dat
    *kodi.log
    *kodi.old.log

Different on my phone is that in this location there is the epg_xmltv.xml file however on android box it is not showing it....

Any more advice?
    Thanks

That is where it should be, nestled in with commoncache.db, cookies.dat, etc. I don't know if your IP could have been blocked for some reason, although that doesn't make sense to me. I'll have to do a bit of thinking.

Thanks for looking into this. Really appreciate all your help on this.

HI Ilan

I finally got it working thanks to your thought!!!

when you said my Internet provider could be blocking it made me think that your right because when I did the same steps at work on a different Internet connection it worked fine but when I get home it doesn't. So I connected to my neighbours WiFi and Voila! Loaded instantly!!

thanks so much for your help on this I really appreciate it!

Good to hear...thankfully we got to the core issue. It's more likely, though, that your IP is blocked by the ********** server for some reason.
    Last edited by ilan; 05-03-2016 at 09:57 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12