Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nvidia shield

Banned

Nvidia shield

Don't know if I am in the right place for this but has anyone got a Nvidia Shield?

Any good? Would you recommend it?

Quote Originally Posted by abzlad View Post
    Don't know if I am in the right place for this but has anyone got a Nvidia Shield?

Any good? Would you recommend it?
    Yes, I have this and IMHO it's a great box. Does everything and works great with KODI.

get active
    The Nvidia Shield has the best video graphics and it is top shelf and pretty much top dog when it comes to android boxes. Utube has several links with reviews, praises, pros and cons but its a high priced box that's tough to beat. It uses Google Playstore apps, has plenty of memory but I would advise you to spend the extra hundred bucks as the 16 gb version doesn't give as much support as the 500 gb hard drive which is not, repeat not, upgradeable. Its soldered contacts so no swapping out drives.

Junoir Member
    I've got 2 shield tablets and 2 shield tv's. I use 4 different iptv services 3 of which are HD and Nvidia runs them all like an absolute boss.

get active
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubz View Post
    I've got 2 shield tablets and 2 shield tv's. I use 4 different iptv services 3 of which are HD and Nvidia runs them all like an absolute boss.
    I just read an update about the Nvidia Shield which now comes with Android Marshmallow 6.0 and this allows for 3rd party apps and you can use any of the USB 3.0 ports to add on SSD drives. Biggest plus is the HDMI port is a 4.1 which adds to its 4k streaming if you have a 4k monitor. Note: 4K native resolution is not possible at this time.

Banned
    Thanks for the advice. I currently have a simple Android MXQ box. I was a novice so wanted a cheap version to play around with. Like when you first pass your driving test. Now I'm a bit more knowledgeable, I fancy an upgrade.

Seen the YouTube videos but always better to ask advice from real users

Thanks

I just bought a Nvidia Shield and I am trying to enter the donation number in STB Emulator, how can you type it in? I tried various keyboards none work

I think you have to use a mouse or airmouse then type it in it should bring up a onscreen keyboard after you select the area.
    My software has no bugs it develops random features.

I bought a cheap Rii i8 remote for it and worked great. If the onscreen keyboard doesn't work then look into a new remote.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msalas71 View Post
    I just bought a Nvidia Shield and I am trying to enter the donation number in STB Emulator, how can you type it in? I tried various keyboards none work
    For me the keyboard just popped up when trying to enter login and PW to server. Onscreen keyboard came up instantly. Worst case press and hold center button on your NV remote and it should pop up the setting menu from your righ hand corner. Then choose keyboard option from that to enter your information. Very worst case borrow a logitech K400 keyboard and use it.

On a sidenote, does anyone know how to fast forward movie under video club? For the life of mine I could not figure out how to do this with Nvidia remote or the controller. Synced amazon firetv remote and that would fast forward either. Any ideas? I can only play , pause increase and decrease volume with the thumb wheel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast