Tablets for HD Channels

So, I just noticed that more and more stations are transitioning from SD to HD. Just yesterday I noticed that Fox News is now HD!! I also saw that HD sources require more CPU power and approximately 4 times the internet bandwidth.

I used to use this service on my iPad Air, essentially making it a portable television. The iPad was wonderful with playing any and all of the SD content. It CANNOT handle any of the HD streams. Audio plays fine, but the video portion lags behind. Once the video gets too far behind everything pauses and doesn't come back. Time to upgrade!!

Any suggestions on android tablets that have 4g lte built in that can handle the HD streams? I have an AT&T (truly) unlimited data plan for my iPad that I would like to transfer over.

What are your experiences?

Thanks.

Junoir Member
    You can give the NVIDIA Shield Tablet a try. I have the wifi 16gb version and it handles the HD streams like a champ. no lag, no stutter, no nothing. It just works! I don't know if NVIDIA still makes the LTE version of this tablet, but I know that they used to. You can always go to ebay and try to get a good deal on one...