TV Addicted

Mag 254 Box Freezing Randomly

From time to time, my Mag254 box will randomly freeze. I'm referring to the actual box itself. I'll be watching a channel and within an hour the entire box will lock up. The video will freeze and I will continue to hear audio. Once I press a button to stop the streaming, it will be about a minute before the box registers the command but the video is still frozen. This particular issue happens once a day at the most. Once I restart the box I'm usually good to go until the next time it freezes.

On another note, I'll be watching one channel for several hours straight before the stream freezes. Video freeze and no audio. On this one, I can simply switch the channel to something else, and then back to the channel I was on and then I'm good to go. I used to have the screensaver enabled but I disabled it to see if a difference could be made but it didn't do anything.

Anyone know if this is just a bug in the Mag254 software or with service?

My software has no bugs it develops random features.

I wrote about the solution to this problem in another thread , but I'll put it here too.

If your Internet connection is not stable , you can increase the size of "Buffer size". This will reduce the incidence of " freezing " the picture caused by the lack of speed, but will increase the time to switch between channels . Do not increase more than 2 seconds - if 1 or 2 does not deal with more value will also be fine , but will have bad side effects (hard switching ) . In this case you can increase the speed of the Internet .
    none for now !

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedjoker View Post
    This problem of mine has been happening. So the maintenance has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by xbmcbg View Post
    I wrote about the solution to this problem in another thread , but I'll put it here too.

If your Internet connection is not stable , you can increase the size of "Buffer size". This will reduce the incidence of " freezing " the picture caused by the lack of speed, but will increase the time to switch between channels . Do not increase more than 2 seconds - if 1 or 2 does not deal with more value will also be fine , but will have bad side effects (hard switching ) . In this case you can increase the speed of the Internet .
    My buffer size is at 10 seconds and it still happens. Can't really increase speed of internet.

pot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmoe View Post
    This problem of mine has been happening. So the maintenance has nothing to do with it.

My buffer size is at 10 seconds and it still happens. Can't really increase speed of internet.
    Are you hard wired or wireless?

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by pod77 View Post
    Are you hard wired or wireless?
    Wireless. Can't run ethernet cord through middle of room. I live in apartment with others so my options are limited.

Junoir Member
    i having, me and my friend same problem