Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

AVOV verses MAG254

As most of you probably remember I have had a bad time with Mag254 so thought I would ask about the AVOV. Is it easy to setup and is it the same as the mag as far as programming. You don't need anything but the box (Mag) Is it the same with AVOV? Is there a difference in the AVOV tv online and AVOV VIXO1? Or should I just try another mag? Thanx in advance for your help

Moderator at Work
    I have found all three of the units you mention were easy to setup dont know why your mag254 had issues.
    If only getting one box would go for the Online as it has apps to load and is better for iptv than the oriinal avov.
    If also getting or using an xbmc like DL android or Minix would recommend the mag254

Rocket Recovery Technician
    I have the mag 254, and Avov Vixo1 the Vixo1 is easy to use and has somewhat better gaming, the mag has some games I really like. The apps from mikey store are really widespread in coverage on the Vixo1, AND it has slots for about ten different servers on the internet TV program It hooks up and connects easy with the WIFI setup The mag 254 is easier to change setups AFTER you first set the box up, and the remote reaction seems quicker that the Vixo1 But if easy apps are what you want and easy changing from one to the other the Vixo1 is that. for stability, I prefer the MAG 254 as my Vixo1 has locked up a few times and took a while to respond, BUT I didn't have to reboot it, it just sat about 30 seconds and responded. Both boxes are great for the server we are testing, and both give good video quality. THE MAIN difference I find for testing the IPTV is the Vixo1's video player seems not to have a FF, REV, and skip on VOD while the Mag 254 will let you do any of those. if you miss part of a VOD with the mag 254 you can reload it and ff to where you left it.

wow like you say i like both i run mag254 on my big tv and tvonline in bedroom so its flip of coin and avo1 in my computer room with tv online app

Moderator at Work
    In bedroom have mag254-tvonline-DL android and sv8k main problem have three remote same look but work different so often change channels when wanting to change volume, four good units one may become obsolete before year is out just hope not.

i just sold my mag254 i think it was little aslow for me didnt really like the interface just ordered the vixo1 cant wait to try this box it has iptv and kinda like an xbmc perfect for me..

TV Addicted
    im totally new mag 254 ordered 3 already.. i come from the nfusion ,dreamlink era . and now im trying to expand my knowledge. the mag254 is working fine and im also wondering about the avov.. i dont know anything about it.. and i was reding and yal was mentioning apps.. are the apps free? i have a roku 3 and a lot of the apps the u need a subscription.. im interested in the avov if it have somethings that the mag 254 doesnt.. like better quality etc.. i was wondering does it have the same channels? do it show ppv events? i dint want to hijack a thread im not sure if im doing that .. but i didnt want to create a threat of the same contents as this 1 .. i ordered 3 more mag 254s the other day so thats 6 in all .. people over this way dont know anything about iptv i just found out myself.. so any feedback on avov woul be appreciated.. or i could just keep buying mags
    Last edited by supaman32052; 04-23-2015 at 05:34 AM.

The avov tvONLINE is a nice little box, has 10 portals for IPTV, you can access the VOD and also has add-ons very like kodi at their own mickyhop store, very simple to set up and operate..
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

I have both and I like both alot.
    The Avov has a slight edge with the add ons I believe.
    I like using 1 Channel on the Avov TvOnline to catch up on previously aired shows.
    The Mag254 is great for iptv though.

Got 3 boxes going now: avov tvonline, mag254 and mygica ATV1200...like to keep the bases covered..lol
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast