Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TV Addicted

Unhappy I'm really trying very hard to be patient

I'm going to be very honest here. I know I don't have a bunch of posts, nor am I a moderator neither am I an expert on IPTV. But I am reasonably smart and I actually do IT stuff for a living. First of all, I KNOW it's not my ISP so I don't want to hear that, and I know it's not my box because my cousin is on a different ISP and running 2 boxes, and the same thing happens to us at the same time.

I've been a subscriber since about late December, or maybe early January. I became a subscriber after being blown away with the quality of service I sampled at a friend's house. After I saw sports channels and especially Sky Sports F1 I was totally sold. My friend also assured me that it was extremely reliable etc etc, and as such, I bought in.

Now I'm well aware of some of the constraints and limitations associated with running such a service and as such I try to be as patient as possible and terribly appreciative that we even have access to this as in some of our respective countries, the cable and satellite services can tend to be utter crap and a total rip off. But, there comes a point when one really starts to wonder.

Since January I've been here looking at some of the issues that have been happening etc, and saying and agreeing with the mods etc that we just have to be patient, and wait for things to improve because they are working on stuff, and working on fixing everything and the service would be improved "shortly", we would see meaningful changes "shortly" etc etc... In reality however, it's been almost 1/3 of a year and "shortly" can't seem to come soon enough.

Almost every day, at least once a day, the service goes down, since this last portal assignment thing. It always seems to happen while my mom is watching her favourite day time soap opera and then I get ridiculed for blowing money on this service that she cannot enjoy. As I type I am staring at a loading screen as the portal attempts to unsuccessfully restart. It's been almost 4 months that we've been waiting for this improvement and stability. I know I'm not alone on this either. I know quite a few people here that just don't post or are not members of the forum so clearly, all voices are not heard, and I have also seen cries on here that seem to get quelled with reassurances that it's going to get better very "shortly".

It really burns me because I think my "donation" cost me $105 and now I see it's back down to $80 on the NFPS site. I really wouldn't have cared normally but considering what I have to put up with on an almost daily basis now. There are some measure of upsetting feelings. My cousin, who got this service because of me, got 2 MAG 254 boxes, and is also on a different ISP AND portal number also loses service around the same times I do. The same channels are down for him, as would be expected and he ends up complaining to me about it and blaming me for his "inconvenience".

From what I gather, last year this time, this thing was amazing. From what I saw last year, this time, it really was amazing. Sadly, what I've been experiencing since donating and subscribing has been quite a bit short of amazing. At random times the server is going down, usually during a good show or movie. Food Netowrk is down, Sky Sports F1 is down, TLC is down, quite a few other channels I enjoy........... are down. Similar feelings are held by others I know too. All I really want is my chance to rave about how amazing the service is too. That's really not a big ask.

Alas, I will continue waiting for these improvements. I will try to be as patient as possible. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't sniffing around to see what else is out there. I just don't want to be jumping from service to service and subscribing here there and everywhere. Plus I was told that NFPS was the best out there and that's where I decided to go. Much like someone else queried, I don't know if Rocket is any better, but considering they run the same lists, they probably feed from the same main server, someone else could advise if there is any difference. I mean, we all on here have donated, YES it's less than cable and satellite BUT it was advertised as being stable and reliable, is it too much to ask for just that, after being promised it for so long?

I really do hope that someone with some power over these servers etc reads this or the message is at least conveyed to them as I am here, like others, waiting patiently.... for things to improve.... feeling a bit shafted... but still holding out... hoping... that it will get better...

Fire From Within

You aren't ever going to have perfect service, and yes, outages are annoying. The way I justify the cost is probably different than you, but if you look at the cost of a subscription service, plus the cost of pay-per-views, and movie views, you may already have been paid back in for your donations. I'll not shill and say the quality and reliability is great, but this service is never a true replacement for pay-tv.

pot?
    Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    You aren't ever going to have perfect service, and yes, outages are annoying. The way I justify the cost is probably different than you, but if you look at the cost of a subscription service, plus the cost of pay-per-views, and movie views, you may already have been paid back in for your donations. I'll not shill and say the quality and reliability is great, but this service is never a true replacement for pay-tv.
    Exactly... If you and your relatives want 100% uptime and quality go back to paying $100+ a month and get "shafted"!!! This cost less than 1 month of a cable TV subscription!

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pod77 View Post
    Exactly... If you and your relatives want 100% uptime and quality go back to paying $100+ a month and get "shafted"!!! This cost less than 1 month of a cable TV subscription!
    This is exactly the type of response that is totally unhelpful to anyone and really makes people want to go elsewhere for an IPTV service. Problems should be listened to here and while they generally are they should certainly not be chastised. The original post is very honest and is critical because it needs to be.
    Why pay anything for this service if a lot of the time it simply doesn't work? There have been constant issues since the portals have changed. Strangely enough, tonight is the first time in about a week that the service has A: loaded successfully for me without giving an authentication failure and B: stayed on for me for over an hour without freezing. Here's to hoping...

Junoir Member
    I agree totally with cbx2000 and nemesis. Understand testing and have been doing it for many years, BUT the biggest problem is that changes are made and nobody know anything. Yes, pod77 you can say what you want about going elsewhere, BUT at least you know what you are paying for not matter what the cost! Perfect example is every weekend, problems happen. Example FOX sports FLORIDA is on ch. 159, 208 and 423 NO hockey and no explanation. Explain that!!

pot?
    For the cost per year using this with a basic Cable package it works just fine... Sorry your both having such a tuff time.. Tell me you both canceled your cable TV for this 😂 Well you get what you pay for and if you thought you were going to pay $105 a YEAR for tv then you have nobody but to blame but yourself!!

If everything was perfect we would not be here but here we are. Wish i could tell you why this happen or dont i cant none of us can. If i could i would but sorry why one channel work for you and not me i just dont know.All we can do is try to make your life a little ez to get through it.I wish for a lot of things to happen will it i dont know give us a break. We mods do the best we can with what we have and like i said you know just as much as us. So saying that we are here to try to help you to get going nothing more then that .We dont control the channel or the server never have and never will but you all think we do. As mods we are here to try to get you running on your box and to help you if we can nothing more. Enjoy what you have or pay to the other guy the big bucks .But please dont think we have control over server and channel list we dont and none i said none of us get paid doing this. Sometimes i think were nuts but we luv what we do and some days are better then others .

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asft View Post
    If everything was perfect we would not be here but here we are. Wish i could tell you why this happen or dont i cant none of us can. If i could i would but sorry why one channel work for you and not me i just dont know.All we can do is try to make your life a little ez to get through it.I wish for a lot of things to happen will it i dont know give us a break. We mods do the best we can with what we have and like i said you know just as much as us. So saying that we are here to try to help you to get going nothing more then that .We dont control the channel or the server never have and never will but you all think we do. As mods we are here to try to get you running on your box and to help you if we can nothing more. Enjoy what you have or pay to the other guy the big bucks .But please dont think we have control over server and channel list we dont and none i said none of us get paid doing this. Sometimes i think were nuts but we luv what we do and some days are better then others .
    Thanks asft. I understand exactly what you're saying and I appreciate it. What I don't appreciate is useless and unhelpful comments from members like pod77. They are no help to anyone when all that people are looking for here is help. I can understand that the IPTV service in general is never going to be 100%...I knew that before I signed up. The problem I have here is when an issue is reported on the forum recently, at times, the person who reports it is made out to be the one in the wrong...not the service itself. While there are a lot of different factors at play in order to get a working service displaying correctly on a donators box be it kodi or a mag etc. I think that as paying customers, we should certainly be given a bit more help and time to resolve the issues. All the moderators here may help out for free and it's appreciated but when someone pays money for anything, anywhere...you expect to a certain level of support without being criticised or made to feel useless. After all, the people running this IPTV service aren't doing it for the good of their health. They're doing it to make money so it's a business. I'd completely understand being told where to go if this was a free IPTV service but it isn't. I don't expect this to be up 100% of the time or even 90% of the time but I think a lot more real time information (or as close as possible) from the providers would really help as there is definitely problems since the change of the portals not so long ago but there has been no updates about this

Some channels will go down from time to time. We don't have direct contact to tell you why but I can tell you that the service has been pretty good for the channels that we mostly watch. If there is a specific channel that you watch and its down then you should have posted it in the proper section. Just because you channel that you watch isn't working, If your really in need of those specific channels then there are other means of getting those channels, Kodi Android is one that comes to mind and there are a lot of sports addons out there. You can go that route until they fix the channels.

Now if this thread turns out to be a bashing service then he who does will be banned. You have been warned.

pot?
    Quote Originally Posted by CBX2000 View Post
    Thanks asft. I understand exactly what you're saying and I appreciate it. What I don't appreciate is useless and unhelpful comments from members like pod77. They are no help to anyone when all that people are looking for here is help. I can understand that the IPTV service in general is never going to be 100%...I knew that before I signed up. The problem I have here is when an issue is reported on the forum recently, at times, the person who reports it is made out to be the one in the wrong...not the service itself. While there are a lot of different factors at play in order to get a working service displaying correctly on a donators box be it kodi or a mag etc. I think that as paying customers, we should certainly be given a bit more help and time to resolve the issues. All the moderators here may help out for free and it's appreciated but when someone pays money for anything, anywhere...you expect to a certain level of support without being criticised or made to feel useless. After all, the people running this IPTV service aren't doing it for the good of their health. They're doing it to make money so it's a business. I'd completely understand being told where to go if this was a free IPTV service but it isn't. I don't expect this to be up 100% of the time or even 90% of the time but I think a lot more real time information (or as close as possible) from the providers would really help as there is definitely problems since the change of the portals not so long ago but there has been no updates about this
    Again for the cost and if you keep a basic cable package the service works just as expected for what it costs per YEAR! If you think you can pay $105 a YEAR and have a complaint dept this isn't for you period! This isn't a cable TV provider and there isn't a 800 number to complain or help... If you want 100% up time and a customer service dept you should go back to paying $100+ a month and you won't have any problems.. Take a step back and think about it for a few minutes.. Then come back and hmmmmm say well I paid $105 for a years worth of TV and it works as you would expect... If you think you can pay $105 a year for TV with no issues then your living in a delusional world! There are major cable TV providers that are testing Iptv services in major cities and guess what.... They have buffering and freezing issues... So if they have issues and they own the system then you can expect issues here.. Also there are 1000's of customers that have this service... Don't you think if they all had the same issues the forums would be full of complaints??? I'm not seeing that on either of the support forums 😉 you are in the Minority if your having issues. With a service like this you need to trouble shoot what could be the issue on Your end.. If you have constant issues then it's an issue in Your end.. It could be totally out of your hands but step back and look at the number of complaints vrs all the current people with donations.. Most of us have almost Zero issues watching the service.. You have said in other threads you refuse to think it could be your ISP and if you took the time to read other people's threads you would actually see that after they did some Trouble shooting it was indeed there ISP provider... sorry if you don't like the real answers and feel it's "Anoying" to what can actually be the true issue!
    Last edited by pod77; 04-20-2016 at 02:22 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast