Multi-user licensing?

Is it possible to have one MAC address licensed to two active users? For example, if two donations were made for one MAC.

pot?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrShadyMan View Post
    Is it possible to have one MAC address licensed to two active users? For example, if two donations were made for one MAC.
    Nope and if you do it will get banned...

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MrShadyMan View Post
    I can't see why you would want that.. anyways the system will not allow it. You can set up the first donation with the MAC, but when you try to assign it to the second donation you will get the "MAC already in use" message and that is as far as you would get.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by juan_vale View Post
    I can't see why you would want that.. anyways the system will not allow it. You can set up the first donation with the MAC, but when you try to assign it to the second donation you will get the "MAC already in use" message and that is as far as you would get.
    In a family setting, one person can be watching tv and then someone in the other room can watch tv as well.

The closest I can see the service getting is that everyone using the same mac has to watch the same channel but prices would probably go up if that ever happened.

pot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmoe View Post
    In a family setting, one person can be watching tv and then someone in the other room can watch tv as well.

The closest I can see the service getting is that everyone using the same mac has to watch the same channel but prices would probably go up if that ever happened.
    That can happen... It's called buying 2 separate donations 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Bmoe View Post

Precisely why I wanted to do this. Since I am running Kodi on every TV (plus other things depending on the room), it would be practical to allow 2 connections if there are 2 user licenses for that MAC. Most software companies sell these kinds of licenses with their software. But this is why I ask these questions here. I don't mind paying for two licenses, it would just be more convenient (for everyone) to allow a number of users based on the amount of given donations (volume licensing).

So would a SECOND licensed MAC in the "MAC 2" field be a workaround for this? Or do I just have to play the round-robin game with all of my devices and strategically decide how to ensure that one MAC won't be running in two places?

pot?
    You can only use 1 active Mac at a time, if you try running the same Mac on multiple devices at the same time you run the risk of getting banned. So if you want to watch tv in different rooms at the same time you need a separate donation for each box. What your looking for isn't going to happen unfortunately. That is why I have 2 donations, one for my living room and one for my bedroom. For the cost per year it still doesn't break the bank buying a few donations anyway

Quote Originally Posted by pod77 View Post
    You can only use 1 active Mac at a time, if you try running the same Mac on multiple devices at the same time you run the risk of getting banned. So if you want to watch tv in different rooms at the same time you need a separate donation for each box. What your looking for isn't going to happen unfortunately. That is why I have 2 donations, one for my living room and one for my bedroom. For the cost per year it still doesn't break the bank buying a few donations anyway
    I'm assuming that you have a different unique MAC for each donation as you are supposed to ?

pot?
    Quote Originally Posted by sdruid View Post
    I'm assuming that you have a different unique MAC for each donation as you are supposed to ?
    Yes as I said I bought 2 donations as I have 2 different setups... So that would mean I have 2 different MAC address.... What exactly are you asking?

Each donation needs it's own and different mac address.