Thread: Complete Noob

Junoir Member

Unhappy Complete Noob

Hey guys, I have been searching for about 3 days now, I bought a monthly "donation" from iks66, I got the email with the information, and then it asked me to add a MAC number. I assumed this needed to be the same MAC as my box (Amazon Firestick) After 3 failed attempts of trying to change it, its now been over a day and it simply tells me I can't login for 24 hours.

I have attempted to reach out to the team via their website with all my information including what I believe the MAC address should be set to, however I am reading mixed things online now that I only the last 3 digits, some say all caps, some say not all caps.

My goal is to get this working in KODI on my amazon fire stick, there are literally thousands of guides that I can find on youtube, then following these guides I still can't even get this thing to connect.

I've been using Kodi for a long time, and have no issues with the 3rd party addons and setting them up, I just can't get any type of live tv to work to save my life. I have the PDF guide from this site as well, the MAC section still isn't very clear and that link gives me the same message.

If anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated. I would be more than happy to purchase 3 yearly donations for my 3 setups, I am just hesitant at this point as I can't get one to work, I can't seem to get any type of response from iptv66.com. Maybe I should consider my purchase a true donation lol.

Thanks in advanced.

Your MAC address will start with 00:1A:78:XX:XX:XX... You will fill-in the remaining triplet with alphanumerics of your choosing (could be from the Fire Stick, but can be random) from the ranges 1-9 and A-F.

You will need to link the MAC address to your donation at the Donation Checker. The Donation Checker is available here:

Code:
    https://iks66.tv/main/search/
    Once that's accomplished, I'd configure Kodi's built-in Stalker client. Here are the directions for doing so...

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?1...et-up-tutorial

Junoir Member
    Hey Ilan, thanks for your reply, what if the mac address of my box doesn't start with 00:1A:78? Are you saying it doesn't have to match the box's specific MAC Address? If I am understanding you correctly, I should be starting it with you suggested, when I setup my kodi to match what I put there with what I will submit to IPTV66?

in your case since its a fire stick you can use any number you want the first six numbers have to be 00:1A:78 the second series can be anything 22:55:12 I usually just the the last 6 of the android box I am using keeps it simple when you need to troubleshoot.
    My software has no bugs it develops random features.

Yes, as Wicked correctly stated, your address must start with 00:1A:78. The rest is up to you. The fixed addresses tied to the device are for Mag and AVOV devices. You're not part of that community.

Junoir Member
    Ok perfect, so if IPTV66 ever lets me change my mac address, as of yet it won't let me get to that screen anymore. I will try one following your recommendations. Thanks so much for you help. Atleast I know now that I should be in the right direction

Junoir Member
    Thanks for the advice so far, I seem to be further ahead then I was yesterday! So it seems now I have the "guide" downlaoded although underneath the time slots everything is blank. Also tried a few channels, it seems to either stick then shut kodi down, or it will the channel but the picture is all scrambled. Everything seems to slow down when I select a channel. Are there any other settings I should be looking into?

The guide has been having some issues, so that situation is understandable. It will be rectified soon.

This could very well be a video acceleration issue. Go to System > Settings > Video > Acceleration > Uncheck the items there, disabling hardware acceleration.

Junoir Member
    Thanks Ilan, I will give that a try tonight.