Junoir Member

MAG 254 Firmware Update issue

Hello All ,

Updated my MAG 254 to r14 version lat night through the inner portal . Upon reboot i have no load screen or no menu . Tried holding the menu button to get into the bios , but to no avail (tried all methods) . Is my unit bricked ? or is it common to see anything via HDMI input after a firmware update ? (tried on 2 tvs)

Comments ?? Suggestions to get it to load ?

Thanks ..

Use composite cables
    Lets Go !

HD stands for Harley Davidson 4wheelin's Avatar
    sounds like it gone to pal mode.

Junoir Member
    I had problems with 2 Mag 254's and no support so junked them and went to AVOV. Had a bad TV ONLINE and they sent a new one.
    With PAL you should get a black and white picture at least. My complaint with the IPTV boxes is they will loose video when plugged
    into a HDMI system. Satellite TV boxes don't do that.

TV Addicted
    The box will show a picture..... That said not all TV sets show picture in a format they are not made for. If your TV is not rated for PAL, then you will only see a black screen. Some will play it as B/W. Others play it and it looks zoomed in. Sometimes they display a garbled picture.

To get around that, Fire up the mag and then press the "Menu" button on the remote immediately. That will take you to the BIOS and there you can change the resolution.

Many are not compatible with PAL as there is no use for it on this side of the pond. So all that said, blame the TV for not showing a picture. After all one don't blame a radio for no picture..... Have a great day!

Personally I picked up a TV that will show all formats. I bought it because of the display resolution capabilities.

Junoir Member
    Thanks all for your comments - Digitaldan - holding the menu key upon bootup does nothing at all. That would be the easy way ; and im familiar with this . My issue is what do you do when that doesn't work ? Going to try the RCA's shortly and will report back .

hopefully just a PAL issue . (fingers crossed)

Junoir Member
    Shagz, all you have to do is go to embedded portal (The one with the nice icons set up from infomir) then go to set up,next to Reset user option, then the Reset all option, then reload portal option, then make sure you have your new URL from your provider for your new portal, if so select it and the inner portal should start loading. It will ask for your ID and PSSWD, enter them and hit OK, you are on your way to TV. The new portal still have some technical issues dough but hopefuly it will get stable in the mean time. Hope this is useful.