Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: freezing

pot?
    No it has to do with your ISP wheather you understand it or not... Read what I posted again 😉 I'm on the same port and have zero freezing like I said... So if that's the case it's your ISP provider... It's how things are routed by your ISP... Think about it for 1 minute.. There are literally 1000's of people using this service, don't you think if they all are freezing you would see everyone complaining... The issue can be totally out of your hands unfortunately. 👍
    Last edited by pod77; 04-13-2016 at 12:26 AM.

Junoir Member
    It's actually quite annoying reading your post telling people that they are wrong and you are right. You yourself have noticed freezing in the last few days too. There is a problem and others are noticing it. I've had this service for 2 months now and I've only experienced the freezing since the few days of downtime recently. Not everybody might be reporting the freezing but none the less people are reporting it. I find it hard to believe that it's my ISP causing the issue as my speed tests and route results come back without any issues. It's too much of a coincidence that the freezing has only started in the last week or so straight after the downtime that everyone using NFPS has witnessed and as part of the resolution to fix that problem, users were load balanced on different servers to reduce the load. Maybe at times the load on these servers is still too much.

Quote Originally Posted by pod77 View Post
    No it has to do with your ISP wheather you understand it or not... Read what I posted again  I'm on the same port and have zero freezing like I said... So if that's the case it's your ISP provider... It's how things are routed by your ISP... Think about it for 1 minute.. There are literally 1000's of people using this service, don't you think if they all are freezing you would see everyone complaining... The issue can be totally out of your hands unfortunately. 

pot?
    Yes as I said I had a few freezes but nothing to make it unwatchable. FYI this isn't the only support site and if you know about the other site and looked there isn't a lot of people complaining about freezing... So again if it was freezing for everyone then both forums would be absolutely flooded with complaints! Which isn't the case which leads one to believe that your ISP could be the issue. Sorry if you don't like that answer.

Hey guys there is an easy way to see if it an ISP issue when you have a problem try connecting to a VPN like IPVanish if the problem doesn't go away then its probably the service if it does then its the ISP.

Just a side note when I have issues I just connect to my VPN and its like magic the problem goes away so for me I do have an ISP issue more than likely throttling which i reported to the FCC since they are not supposed to be doing that in states.
    Last edited by wickedjoker; 04-13-2016 at 08:17 PM.
    My software has no bugs it develops random features.

pot?
    Thank you wickedjoker!

Quote Originally Posted by pod77 View Post
    Thank you wickedjoker!
    Anytime bro! BTW when you going to add an avatar?

I am using a Mag box does a VPN work with that
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedjoker View Post
    Hey guys there is an easy way to see if it an ISP issue when you have a problem try connecting to a VPN like IPVanish if the problem doesn't go away then its probably the service if it does then its the ISP.

Just a side note when I have issues I just connect to my VPN and its like magic the problem goes away so for me I do have an ISP issue more than likely throttling which i reported to the FCC since they are not supposed to be doing that in states.

I agree it is quite a coincidence , up till NFPS had its probs my service has been good lately freezing once in a while, yesterday was freeze free today im getting freezing again, i just ran a speed test and numbers are almost the same as always in the 130s, so from what Pod77 is saying they should be low, yes ? no ? do these tests show correct numbers or are they BS ?
    Quote Originally Posted by CBX2000 View Post
    It's actually quite annoying reading your post telling people that they are wrong and you are right. You yourself have noticed freezing in the last few days too. There is a problem and others are noticing it. I've had this service for 2 months now and I've only experienced the freezing since the few days of downtime recently. Not everybody might be reporting the freezing but none the less people are reporting it. I find it hard to believe that it's my ISP causing the issue as my speed tests and route results come back without any issues. It's too much of a coincidence that the freezing has only started in the last week or so straight after the downtime that everyone using NFPS has witnessed and as part of the resolution to fix that problem, users were load balanced on different servers to reduce the load. Maybe at times the load on these servers is still too much.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmagoo62 View Post
    I am using a Mag box does a VPN work with that
    Not sure if MAG can I am using primarily AVOV units now. If they don't have an option on the inner portal then you would need a router that is VPN capable.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmagoo62 View Post
    I agree it is quite a coincidence , up till NFPS had its probs my service has been good lately freezing once in a while, yesterday was freeze free today im getting freezing again, i just ran a speed test and numbers are almost the same as always in the 130s, so from what Pod77 is saying they should be low, yes ? no ? do these tests show correct numbers or are they BS ?
    What was your latency at? I notice mine got to around 300 again this is from the ISP not even counting the hops to the hosted service then you can add on another 170ms. and that wont work...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast