Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    emu

IPTV STB Emulator v0.8 preview

Disclaimer: I don't recommend to use this version until release, except if you want to help me to find some bugs. After v0.8 is released this preview version won't get any updates.
    You may install this version side by side with any other versions, because it has another application id, so it doesn't overwrite your installed emulators.
    Upgrading from previous versions doesn't work yet, so you have to configure the app from scratch.

v0.8 (preview)
    • It's not required anymore to restart the app when you change media player.
    • You may now set different media players for profiles.
    • Add "player per channel" feature (Stalker only)
    • Added pseudo-player "Auto".
    • The emulator can now emulate specific versions of firmware or even a custom firmware if some portal requires that.
    • Added a new authentication dialog that replaces the Stalker's one (for those tho cannot enter login/password). Can be enabled in Advanced settings for a profile.
    • Added Device ID 2 and Signature configuration options.
    • A lot of other minor changes, including removing some obsolete configuration options and moving some options to another places.

More information.
    Media player
    Since this version there's no global media player configuration option. It was replaced by an option for each profile you've created. Also menu item "Media player" doesn't work as it used to work before.
    Because of a new feature "player per channel" (profile->Media player settings->Media player per channel) when you change a player from menu:
    * if player per channel enabled you change player for a channel (should work for channels and VOD).
    * if not enabled you change player for a profile (all channels).
    After you've changed player it's not required to restart the app, and in most cases it's not even required to restart a channel (except if the selected player cannot play this channel).

"Auto" player is a new pseudo player, which allows to auto select a player (from Exo, Ijk, Internal) for each channel. It will try to load a stream with each of these players until the stream starts playing (or not). For now it's not possible to use player per channel feature with Auto player, and it's also not possible to change a player from the app's menu if Auto player is selected (by default in the preview version).

New firmware emulation
    In previous versions the only difference in emulation of all supported devices (MAG 250, 254, AuraHD, etc) was some hardcoded firmware details and user agents. But everything else (JavaScript API methods, etc) was the same for each device. So in some cases an IPTV provider could detect the emulator by checking if some specific JavaScript API method is available when it shouldn't be for a device (for example, MAG 250 doesn't support DVB-T, but JS API for DVB-T is available in the emulator, even if it doesn't work yet). Since v0.8 the app can emulate a different firmware for each device, and even some provider specific firmwares (including adding, removing or replacing some JS API methods). This feature is not finished yet, but will be available in release version.

New authentication dialog
    Because a lot of users couldn't enter their logins/passwords, the new authentication dialog for Stalker has been added. When Stalker requests for a authentication, this dialog will appear over the Stalker's dialog (it's not possibly to fully replace it for now) and you may use it to enter your login/password, or return to the Stalker's dialog by pressing "Cancel". This option can be enabled in Advanced settings in profile's settings (enabled by default in the preview version).

----- Update 2 -----
    April, 25.

Changes from preview-1:
    * Updated Ijk and Exo players.
    * Fixed auto player.
    * Fixed device id/device id2/signature (didn't work correctly in some cases in preview-1).
    * Fixed compatibility with the new launcher from Stalker (the one that lives under /stalker_portal/new/launcher/index.html). However channel list may not be visible if "Play in preview only by OK" is checked in Stalker's settings.
    * Fixed some another minor bugs.
    * Fixed restoring profiles from previous versions of the app (from backups).

Before installing v.0.8-preview-2 uninstall preview-1 if installed.

Preview version (2) (based on Pro)
    armv7a
    Code:
    https://mega.nz/#!sYoRmIhJ!ZjIyvvyQ1AkKOUt8VAnmxOgMJCyErmGKrEIXGdz2Dno
    x86
    Code:
    https://mega.nz/#!8BR0lKgQ!sUcVLigNqQuW_MLLK41uKGK2i4GWfaGOpc_9lgSvL2g
    Last edited by mvas; 04-25-2016 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Updated to 0.8-preview-2
    I'm the developer of IPTV STB Emulator (StbEmu). If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Fire From Within

I tried it, using the same credentials from the previous version, but couldn't get beyond the "contact your provider" screen, even after resetting the MAC, through IPTV Reset.

I noticed that you added Device ID2, and Signature. For Serial Number and Device ID, I use custom values, and tried to send blank fields for the Device ID2 and Signature, by clicking on "custom". Does the emulator send out null fields for those if they are set to blank? Should there be a setting to not send those values if you chose to only send the Device ID?

thank you for addressing the login/password glitch... I actually get "login error" now, instead of no response. But that's only because NFPS is down momentarily. Keep up the good work MVAS!!!

emu
    v.0.8-preview-2 available.
    See the first post http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?1...l=1#post127749
    I'm the developer of IPTV STB Emulator (StbEmu). If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

TV Addicted
    looks like jk player is very choppy .all other players doent work sometimes

My observations: I was stuck on internal player in previous versions,because in my opinion,it puts out the best picture quality of all,but ver slow with channel changing and channels coming in. Tried this version with the exo player,and wow,channels change super fast,it's awesome in that aspect. Not sure of pic quality compared to internal,but like i said,super fast channel change.Oh,and i noticed hd channels tend to stutter with exo player. If stuttering on hd channels can be addressed,this definitely easily beats out stalker,not even close.
    Last edited by longodongo; 05-04-2016 at 07:44 AM.

Hopefully the stuttering video and audio on hd channels can be fixed in official release. if that's the case,this thing will be flawless on exo player,as the the channel changing is very fast,giving it that feeling of having a dedicated satellite receiver. Great job!!!

Junoir Member
    "Because a lot of users couldn't enter their logins/passwords, the new authentication dialog for Stalker has been added. When Stalker requests for a authentication, this dialog will appear over the Stalker's dialog"
    this is what i was looking for! cause i want to use it on my tablet an i couldnt enter username and password
    but im trying now and it lets me enter in a new dialog box but it doesnt work when i click ok it just loads the dialog box again
    im in the rocket server

All seems OK in this preview, a few bugs but I hope they'll be fixed in final version.

I love the Auto player (media player), and the ability to change to another without restart portal.

Can you add MX Player? But linked to the little screen. I personally use MX Player because the decoder is the best that I've ever test. All channels works fine and all have sound (some movies PPV have not sound in IJK player).

Can you make a preview adding that MediaPlayer? Would be awsome!

Thank you mvas for all your work!

emu
    Quote Originally Posted by jorostr View Post
    Can you add MX Player? But linked to the little screen. I personally use MX Player because the decoder is the best that I've ever test. All channels works fine and all have sound (some movies PPV have not sound in IJK player).
    Can you make a preview adding that MediaPlayer? Would be awsome!
    No, I cannot. I can only add free players that either open source with acceptable license (I can use player in closed source app, like LGPL, Apache or similar), or have closed source library that I can include into the app (and the license should be acceptable as well). MX Player is none of these.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast