Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No epg

Fire From Within

It's a server side issue... it may be one of the lower priorities for the server guys, considering they are fixing the donation checkers and database, and recovering on the IKS side. Yeah... and psycon too, he's a busy guy. Please be patient, and use an internet tv guide in the meantime. Those so happen to use the same sources as ********** and the server epg do.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    mags do not do Kodi thou pyscon

No way or ability for the mag boxes to load or use Kodi
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

i know crazed.. who do u think makes the epg for the mags? one of the pullls failed and it went unnoticed.. its fixed now

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psycon View Post
    i know crazed.. who do u think makes the epg for the mags? one of the pullls failed and it went unnoticed.. its fixed now
    yea, after I posted that I thought about it and said to myself .... duh
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

Quote Originally Posted by psycon View Post
    ...one of the pullls failed and it went unnoticed.. its fixed now
    Hello psycon,

First, thank you and the other members of the epj.ninja team for your continuing efforts to bring an EPG/Guide at all to the MAG series of STB's, and the other fine STB's out there too.

I've looked in the epj.ninja/kodi section prior to this, and saw only brief mentions of others having EPG/Guide missing in action on their MAG254's too, but no definitive word as to what the heck happened to the EPG/Guide info, which is why I'm glad I checked here.

I haven't had the EPG working, on any channel on my MAG254 for the entire week, including today...and have tried hard power off reboots, warm portal restarts, and warm inner portal reboots all week, including another hard power reboot just a minute ago, and I still don't have any EPG/Guide data on any channel on my MAG254 STB.

Any ideas/suggestions as to how I can remedy this on the MAG254?
    Thank you!

Rockin' it on a MAG254, r14, 50DN/10Up, hard wired, nfps Portal 2
    Last edited by jropps; 04-10-2016 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Fix typo's

mag epg needs to be supplied from nfps even though they use **********'s files.
    mag's are not configured to use addons like epg updater or epg.xml files.
    long story short is nfps has to host it.

@Blackbear199:

Thanks for ur reply.

Hmmm....ok...so the EPG/Guide info (by way of epj.ninja feeds/files), prior to the latest nfps/papiao security changes, was working fairly well and had been for several months on the MAG series of STB's, which suggests it was (apparently) hosted by nfps on their side...and yet now..for whatever reason(s), it no longer is hosted on the nfps side, even though epj.ninja has "fixed" whatever "pull" had failed, and said it was working again?

I'm trying to make sense of how/where psycon states the unnoticed EPG/Guide "pull" had failed/is now fixed, and yet somehow nfps still isn't aware that it's been "fixed" by the ********** team...don't they communicate with each other on this important kind of stuff?

Makes no sense to hear one team has "fixed" the failed (EPG/Guide) "pull", and the other team hasn't either implemented it on their side, or won't elaborate as to why it still doesn't work. Ugggghhhhhh.....why must this go on.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by jropps View Post
    @Blackbear199:

Thanks for ur reply.

Hmmm....ok...so the EPG/Guide info (by way of epj.ninja feeds/files), prior to the latest nfps/papiao security changes, was working fairly well and had been for several months on the MAG series of STB's, which suggests it was (apparently) hosted by nfps on their side...and yet now..for whatever reason(s), it no longer is hosted on the nfps side, even though epj.ninja has "fixed" whatever "pull" had failed, and said it was working again?

I'm trying to make sense of how/where psycon states the unnoticed EPG/Guide "pull" had failed/is now fixed, and yet somehow nfps still isn't aware that it's been "fixed" by the ********** team...don't they communicate with each other on this important kind of stuff?

Makes no sense to hear one team has "fixed" the failed (EPG/Guide) "pull", and the other team hasn't either implemented it on their side, or won't elaborate as to why it still doesn't work. Ugggghhhhhh.....why must this go on.....lol
    even though a pull may have broken and caused the epg to run out...last i knew nfps asked for 14 days epg from **********
    how often they update is another story.
    i know they can do a manual import but when does it import on its own...that probably hasnt happened yet.

Junoir Member
    It's off again this morning, ho hum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12