Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junoir Member

Time Date issue with my AVOV's

I have a pair of these and they randomly will go back to January 1970 or 1987.

It takes forever for me get them set back to the right date. I'll set them to the right time zone and they do not update, sometimes going back from one timezone to the other will set it but not always.

Kodi will not stream anything beyond those dates is there anyway to get the time zone not to move out of adjustment. Thanks, boxes all are up to date.

tux tux tux
    I think I saw asft suggesting that you change ntp server, I could be wrong though.
    “there is nothing wrong with being insane, as long as you know it yourself.”

Junoir Member
    Hmm where would I find that.. What would I change it to.. Thanks

in setting you change the time and date that other is for mag

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asft View Post
    in setting you change the time and date that other is for mag
    Yeah I thought that setting was for the MAG. Maybe I'll open up a ticket with AVOV . I'm not the only one experiencing this, a few buddies have AVOVS too and there date will not change to current as well.

see thats weird if you set it to right one it should stay unless you unplug the box http://bugs.avov.tv is place to let them know

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asft View Post
    see thats weird if you set it to right one it should stay unless you unplug the box http://bugs.avov.tv is place to let them know
    Mine seems to jump 1987 but will automatically adjust. The actual issue I believe is when you plug the box in it doesn't want to adjust to current time. I've managed to set mine by continually switching to different time zones until it switches but can sometimes take dozens of attempts. Not sure if there's a way to get the time set quicker..

Changing TIME in Settings is only for Time Zones...............Avov has to do something at their end.............if it's not one thing it's another..........this 1970 date is a problem with apps that have to know the date.....such as Basketball Baseball and so on...................This is a problem with all my TV-Online (original) TV-Online V2 and the Plus.....................Avov Fix this now.............It is not something simple like defaulting the box or rebooting

TV Addicted
    I've experienced the 1970 date issue quite often upon booting my avov but it seems to resolve itself quicky once it connects to the stalker server. Not sure if the avov pulls time info from an ntp server or from the stalker server itself, but it always sorts itself out quickly and without issue... assuming there is a stalker server to connect to.

What if you don't want to connect to iptv and just use apps and kodi addons....Time is stuck on year 1970 .............Box should get correct time without using iptv......just an internet connection.......thats why I think the problem has to be fixed by AVOV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast