Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Junoir Member

Angry Newbe NEGATIVE considerations about IKS66

As i stated in the title i'm a Newbe.
    I never used or bought IPTV ever before.
    I was looking for a service that could show me american cable channels.
    I could only read two providers here on this board, one was for a whole year (i was not going to pay a whole year without knowing what i was going to get) and IKS66 with the 1 month payment option. GREAT i went with that.

I can say that it started in the worst way possible. They do not accept paypal, i had to pay with one of their chinese services... fine, what could ever go wrong?
    I fill up all the details and the transaction ends with a "payment status: array". What in the world?
    Several hours later i get an email saying that the payment went through and they gave me my donation code with a hypertext link plus a link to change the MAC address.
    NO INSTRUCTIONS WHATSOEVER.
    Well, i'm a smart guy, i'm talented enough to google for some instructions. WOW!!! I think i have found more than 100 different instructions for the same provider and none of them worked.
    Besides this i tried to change the MAC address but at the beginning nobody told me it has to start with 00:1A so i kept putting my computer address!!! Guess what? After a few tries the system blocked me for 24 hours.

Long story short after the 24 hours i finally set up a MAC address that worked and after a couple of sleepless nights i was able to retrieve the channel list.

My opinion? A SERVICE TO DISCARD. I'm so happy that i only paid one month.

- The customer service does NOT exist, they never reply to emails.
    - Lack of simple and effective instructions.
    - I haven't checked all of the 800 channels they say to have but from what i was able to understand half of them do not work.
    - The majority of those channels are in Spanish
    - There are no American channels. (i mean there are a couple but nothing worth paying for).

So if you are considering buying this service to get all the cable or satellite tv channels... simply don't.
    Save your money to eat at the restaurant, it's money better spent for sure.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    wow !!

All you had to do was read the iks66 sticky thread.
    The IKS66 site also has a direct link to this site posted. That is so you would be able to find help for anything you may need help with.

I do not know what channels you are looking at either, but you are wrong on that too
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 03-29-2016 at 12:43 PM.
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

Junoir Member
    Hi Crazed, thank you for your reply.
    Indeed i did. But probably you have not considered one factor.
    When you are a newbe in something you don't fully understand what others are talking about so the best you can do is to follow instructions as written.
    Now that i begin to understand something about this world i can understand a little more easily the instructions, even tho the instructions given in the sticky threads are too many and too confused.

There is no tutorial, it's just a bunch of info written there but considering the amount of ppl complaining all over the internet (payments, authentications, authorizations etc...) i would say there must be something true.

Btw about the channels, since i'm wrong on that TOO do you want me to make a list of the non working channels? I can spend a few hours doing that and make a stat of about what i get of the 800+ channels decleared.

IKS66 down.....

Quote Originally Posted by tuononero View Post
    As i stated in the title i'm a Newbe.
    I never used or bought IPTV ever before.
    I was looking for a service that could show me american cable channels.
    I could only read two providers here on this board, one was for a whole year (i was not going to pay a whole year without knowing what i was going to get) and IKS66 with the 1 month payment option. GREAT i went with that.

I can say that it started in the worst way possible. They do not accept paypal, i had to pay with one of their chinese services... fine, what could ever go wrong?
    I fill up all the details and the transaction ends with a "payment status: array". What in the world?
    Several hours later i get an email saying that the payment went through and they gave me my donation code with a hypertext link plus a link to change the MAC address.
    NO INSTRUCTIONS WHATSOEVER.
    Well, i'm a smart guy, i'm talented enough to google for some instructions. WOW!!! I think i have found more than 100 different instructions for the same provider and none of them worked.
    Besides this i tried to change the MAC address but at the beginning nobody told me it has to start with 00:1A so i kept putting my computer address!!! Guess what? After a few tries the system blocked me for 24 hours.

Long story short after the 24 hours i finally set up a MAC address that worked and after a couple of sleepless nights i was able to retrieve the channel list.

My opinion? A SERVICE TO DISCARD. I'm so happy that i only paid one month.

- The customer service does NOT exist, they never reply to emails.
    - Lack of simple and effective instructions.
    - I haven't checked all of the 800 channels they say to have but from what i was able to understand half of them do not work.
    - The majority of those channels are in Spanish
    - There are no American channels. (i mean there are a couple but nothing worth paying for).

So if you are considering buying this service to get all the cable or satellite tv channels... simply don't.
    Save your money to eat at the restaurant, it's money better spent for sure.
    Nothing wrong with being a newbie, we are newbies at certain times in our lives.
    I have to agree 100% with you on the service part of it. It has been very inconsistent lately and it makes it so hard for new folks to understand what's going on. Someone else will come and replace IKS66 if this continues I'm sure.

There are no American channels. (i mean there are a couple but nothing worth paying for).
    I'm not sure what hidden US channels you are trying to find. Let's see, IKS66 has NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, Disney, CNN, TVland, WGN, USA, History, Comedy Central, Lifetime, Food channels, HGTV, numerous sports channels (ESPN's, Fox's, etc.), A&E, SyFy, TLC, AMC, TCM, IFC, FX, FXX, TNT, TBS, Nick, Discovery, Nat Geo, Destination, Chiller, MSNBC, Weather channels, several locals, Spike, Tru TV, ION, several HBO's, several Max's, several Showtime's, several Movie channels, several Encore's, several Starz, and more.

Well, i'm with iks66 for almost 4 months. Yeah, during this time I saw some issues, like channels down and service down as well, but it always came back normaly.

I don't understand why you say that there is almost none american channels, in my case, I watch every day channels like: ABC, NBC, ESPN, Fox, NFL Network, CBS Sports, NBC Sports, TNT, USA Network, MLB Network, AMC, FX, Fox News, CNN and many others. All of them up and running for the most part. So, I believe you're not setting up your IPTV correctly.

For $12 a month, I say this to you: Very worth it, in my case.

Junoir Member
    To be honest with you guys the reason why i subscribed this kind of service is to be able to see TruTV. I normally watch TruTV and the Travel Channel but the travel channel can be found freely elsewhere.
    Different thing is for TruTv. Pay attention that in the UK they have a lot of the same channels (same names) just with different shows. This happens with TruTV, Bravo, the Travel Channel, Cartoon Network and with some others.

Back to my problem with trutv the only trutv that i was able to find is TruTV America Latina, channel 527.... and does NOT work.

Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by tuononero View Post
    To be honest with you guys the reason why i subscribed this kind of service is to be able to see TruTV. I normally watch TruTV and the Travel Channel but the travel channel can be found freely elsewhere.
    Different thing is for TruTv. Pay attention that in the UK they have a lot of the same channels (same names) just with different shows. This happens with TruTV, Bravo, the Travel Channel, Cartoon Network and with some others.

Back to my problem with trutv the only trutv that i was able to find is TruTV America Latina, channel 527.... and does NOT work.

Any advice?
    TruTV is working fine here, channel 150, here's an image:

Sem tÃ*tulo.jpg

I like iptv66 and I like this community. Nothing negative to say IMHO.
    Last edited by rodjames; 03-29-2016 at 07:32 PM.

comes here expecting local provider level service and 1/10th of the price..
    sounds like this is not the service for you buds, its jut not the way it is.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast