Junoir Member

Micro stuttering every second on Kodi. Do you have this problem, and how to solve it?

Hi,

I noticed that some channels on my Nexus Player with Kodi exibit micro stuttering, about one frame every second is dropped. For example, ESPN & Tennis Channel both have this problem. Many other channels exibit this behaviour as well, and all of them are North American. All European channels are working great.

I've done some research and it looks this is related to 29.97 frame rate issue. I've tried all possible settings combination to fix it, and it looks like only turning off hardware accelartion can fix the issue. Problem is that if do that my box would struggle playing HD content without hardware acceleration, and I also noticed that picture quality is slightly lower with hardware acceleration off.

Had anyone been successful in solving this problem? Do you even notice this problem on your box? I'm wondering if this might be realted to Android boxes, Kodi, or something else. Would better TV player solve the this?

I noticed this a little this morning on my windows machine. Disabled the stalker pvr until the issue is fixed and rebooted. Seems to have resolived the issue for me

Junoir Member
    I found this happening only on 16.0 and up, downgraded to 15.2 and all stuttering was fixed.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hmotwr View Post
    I found this happening only on 16.0 and up, downgraded to 15.2 and all stuttering was fixed.
    Thanks, I'll give it a try tonight. I'm sure this is related to my Nexus Player. I tested on the PC and all channels are running smooth.