Thread: Pvr

Pvr

Hey all, is it possible to record shows with iptv on kodi 16 on a windows pc? If so, how? Thank you all !

TV Addicted
    You won't get a timer record, but there are ways, one of them is a media capture. It's not ideal. Quite frankly I find it useless, as I'd only want to time a record so when I wasn't sitting there watching, it'd record without me, lol.

Ok so then we cannot really setup a pvr with my current setup? How can we use a pvr setup then? Thanks.

not a member
    If your using Kodi, why bother recording, you don't need it? There are plenty of plugins that probably will have what you want to record already or if new show normally added shortly after they air, for TV shows it will be commercial free too. You may want to learn how and what Kodi can actually do.

@Alucard, I am aware of kodi's capabilities(well most) but I just like testing and trying new things, that's all. It's like a hobby. Seems after I get something working I look to add a feature, I guess I get bored, lol.

not a member
    PVR has to be turned on by NFPS as the recording is stored on the server side and I doubt that will happen any time soon due to the additional hardware that is required. There are work arounds and you can make something work, just have to do some research.

TV Addicted
    Try this http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=216111 I know it works for most plugins. It's a fair bit of set up and trial/error to get it working though. I have it working on Windows 10 + Kodi 16. No idea how this will work on other platforms, the thread details how others have this working.

I suspect for recordings to work through IPTV, you will need to stream to an external player and then invoke a recording method. This does timed recordings, 30, 60, 120mins.

cwh