Time shift function

A nice feature that I love to use is the time shift feature on various media boxes, the mag can record but I didn't see any time shif option. Maybe one day?

When the server allows you record in the future it maybe can become available.

That would make some people happy.

wish a lot of fixes would happen

Timeshift allows the user to be back in time for the channels for which this feature is enabled, and to remove into a USB- drive recorded shows.
    These channels are marked with an icon
    Different channels are kept for different time interval

Pause and fast :
    While watching TV , you can press " pause " on the remote control to stop the transmission in your chosen time. The continuing transfer it by pressing the " Pause " again.

A list of recorded shows:
    From the list of the program ( EPG button on a separate channel or INFO for a graphics program ) can choose a specific transfer back into the past . The programs that you can watch / record marked with orange dot . Selected broadcast run with button "OK", or is recorded on USB- drive with yellow button "Download "

Great info, ty

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by xbmcbg View Post
    Timeshift allows the user to be back in time for the channels for which this feature is enabled, and to remove into a USB- drive recorded shows.
    These channels are marked with an icon
    Different channels are kept for different time interval

Pause and fast :
    While watching TV , you can press " pause " on the remote control to stop the transmission in your chosen time. The continuing transfer it by pressing the " Pause " again.

A list of recorded shows:
    From the list of the program ( EPG button on a separate channel or INFO for a graphics program ) can choose a specific transfer back into the past . The programs that you can watch / record marked with orange dot . Selected broadcast run with button "OK", or is recorded on USB- drive with yellow button "Download "
    Can someone elaborate on this more? I haven't noticed any channels with a special icon that allow you to Timeshift. How do you even set up Timeshift on Mag254? My understanding, from what xbmcbg has said, is that not only can you pause and fast-forward live tv but also can watch select shows that have somehow been recorded and available on demand kind of like how DirecTV does with 72 hour rewind.

tux tux tux
    you can probably do what xbmcbg says, but not with this service sorry. if you pause a channel when you resume it will instant catch up to the present time, programs needs to start at a specific time so the stream will need to send that part of the stream at the specific time. hls and rmtp are both realtime protocols the hint is even in the name. you should be able to timeshift though if allowed in theory also with a hack. real recording will take a large harddrive array at the provider so you can record programs you do not watch at the same time or more recordings at the same time on any box regarding space or performance. in theory this should also be possible, but it would take hacks, space and performance to record more than one channel or watch one while another is recording. and break the design of how realtime protocols and tv are supposed to be watched. one option though is to buy a harddisk dvr as long as you do not want to record or time shift longer than 2 hours because then the channel times out. the 'file not exist' error you see if you try to record is not at your end.
    Last edited by tuxen; 03-24-2016 at 07:56 AM.
    “there is nothing wrong with being insane, as long as you know it yourself.”