Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

VPN needed some days and not others

When i 1st purchased my subscription i could not get the papaio addon or any pvr clients working without using a VPN. a day or 2 later i decided to check again without a VPN active and it worked fine till this morning.

Just thought it was a little strange that yet again i seem to require a VPN in order to not got an error.

I am up and running for now, but i will try again later to see if it will work without it.

pot?
    What country are you in? I have read that some ISP providers in different country's are indeed blocking the service

I'm in the US but i dont understand why would it work sometimes without the VPN and other times only with it.

My ISP is comcast/xfinity and i understand that there was some shady type internet bill that was passed not to long ago.
    Last edited by XxPiratexX; 03-24-2016 at 09:02 PM.

pot?
    I have 2 ISP providers and one is Comcast and have never had an issue. That is very strange I wonder what could cause this. I guess it's possible that they are doing some shenanigans

not a member
    It could be a couple of things. Generally you will have Dynamic IP from your ISP. This changes every now and then. It could be that your IP gets it's IP blocked for accessing the service, then when the IP changes then it is not blocked for a while until they see you accessing the service and then block it again.

It could be in the way the ISP is routing the connection from where you live, sometimes it takes a rout that is blocked somewhere down stream and other times it is not because it is taking another route that is not blocked.

If you constantly have this issue, I would recommend setting up a separate VPN router since you already have a VPN services and route the NFPS stuff through it so you do not have to deal with the intermittent issue.

Fire From Within

It's also possible that certain usage that is 'not normal' from the viewpoint of the server is being blocked at the server using IP addresses. If a connection is constantly hitting the server for authentication requests, it certainly can be interpreted as someone trying to probe for holes. The server techs may be trying to figure out a reasonable threshold. There is a difference in the way that the PVRs and IPTV Stalker authenticate, so those who use IPTV Stalker as a channel surfer may be getting flagged, while those using a pvr, aren't. Using a VPN that proxies your real IP address will certainly help with the issue of IP blocking. Also a non-updated DNS can lead to a blocked connection.

This is a theory, as no one here has direct contact with the server techs.

Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    It's also possible that certain usage that is 'not normal' from the viewpoint of the server is being blocked at the server using IP addresses. If a connection is constantly hitting the server for authentication requests, it certainly can be interpreted as someone trying to probe for holes. The server techs may be trying to figure out a reasonable threshold. There is a difference in the way that the PVRs and IPTV Stalker authenticate, so those who use IPTV Stalker as a channel surfer may be getting flagged, while those using a pvr, aren't. Using a VPN that proxies your real IP address will certainly help with the issue of IP blocking. Also a non-updated DNS can lead to a blocked connection.

This is a theory, as no one here has direct contact with the server techs.
    So there's nothing I can do to get unblocked?

That means now my subscription is unusable to me now. :'(

I hope there's hope for me somewhere.

pot?
    Did you try using a VPN? That has helped many members who have had there ISP blocking there server 👍

comcast is known for doing this antics. honestly if i was you i would try searching for another ISP if possible. cause i got tired of their crap. if you can i feel bad for you, but if you want a good vpn recommendation from me you can give PIA a try and also VyprVPN that has a smart dns server on their end for the vpn connection so if you have netflix it still works, netflix has recently been blocking vpn and proxies

Quote Originally Posted by pod77 View Post
    Did you try using a VPN? That has helped many members who have had there ISP blocking there server ��
    Yes, it works thru the vpn. Not good. Too slow to use, buffering stream unwatchable.

Edit: A little later now and the vpn is working good for the streams. Less traffic I figure.

But it's not the isp. Other IPs on this same isp network work with no problem.
    Last edited by PangOS; 04-20-2016 at 03:52 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast