Junoir Member

Kodi force closes when i open a channel group

Hi,

I have been using kodi on an MXQ pro and my Stlaker sub with the stalker client that comes with kodi (Not NFPS version).

Its only in the last 2 weeks that when I choose a different channel group like sports for example that kodi force closes, it hasnt always done this so Im a little confused.

I have googled and looked through the forums and I couldnt find anything that would point me in the right direction so if anyone could help me in any way it would be great.

Thanks

tux tux tux
    I have never seen this error, which skin are you using if its not confluence try switch to that and see if it still happens.
    and have you updated to kodi 16.1 RC1 if not I would try that also.

if none of that works can you 'afford' to do a fresh install of kodi? if so I would try as last resort it 'should' fix it. make sure you delete the folder /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/ and all subfolders, sometimes a normal uninstall does not seem to get all files and folders in this dir that kodi uses for all it's data and configuration.

if not you will have to weigh the options to live with it or try a reinstall. you should take a backup anyway, it can be done by a addon or copying the above folder (and subfolders) to a backup location in for example /sdcard/Backup before you reinstall. I recommend total commander or maybe es file manager to delete and copy stuff if you do not have a favorite already.

to restore if you copy the folder(s) to a backup location simply copy the folder back. if you are not sure about using the file system, use a backup/restore addon.
    just be aware that you might need to delete the leftovers mentioned in paragraph 2 in any case, you should check that the folder is gone.
    and of cause the restore might restore the problem also.
    Last edited by tuxen; 03-23-2016 at 12:10 PM.
    “there is nothing wrong with being insane, as long as you know it yourself.”

Junoir Member
    Thanks for the reply. I am using the Aarctic Zephyr skin. Ill try the confluence skin just to test and see what happens, process of elimination I guess. I dont mind having to do a fresh install but thanks for the tip with the directory on the sd card.

It'll only take a few mins to get everything setup again. I shall be back with a conclusion to this obstacle soon

Yes try what tuxen recommended, it could be a skin error.

You can also try reseting data in the TV settings tab.

Junoir Member
    I think it was a skin error due to the fact that other skins dont offer the option of channel groups. Anyway the issue is solved due to a small fix, I basically changed to the confluence skin and the back to the arctic zephyr skin and it was fine......

So all good now and thanks guys for the help and tips

Much appreciated!!!!