Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TV Addicted

Mag352 Specs Do any good for IPTV?

The fact that the Mag352 has 2 gb of ram and a faster processor makes me wonder what benefit does this box have over other mag boxes like mag254? Will the extra ram and processor make any difference when watching iptv? I think in the future once the service has DVR features in the backend the extra ram might help with recording and watching at the same time.

you have a point to something but when you run 1080p or 4k i want more power

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by asft View Post
    I do too. As long as the picture isn't grainy I could care less about resolution if it means more processing power. Just need a clear picture. I really think when it comes the time to start including DVR service, this box will be a good choice. Again though, I haven't seen anyone state why this box (which is probably more expensive) is any better than the mag254 when it comes to watching tv.

Quote Originally Posted by asft View Post
    box works perfectly and 4k & 3D picture is not a problem if you have a good Internet and a good IPTV provider

none for now !

TV Addicted
    Where to Buy ?

there website is the best place

Code:
    http://www.infomir.eu/eng/products/premium/mag-352/
    My software has no bugs it develops random features.

Junoir Member
    I have a Mag 200 and occasionally think about upgrading to a newer model Mag, but wondering if there's any advantage other than faster processor. all I want to do is watch TV

get active
    I went to the Infomir website and I have tried to buy, preorder and that hasn't gone anywhere as they have posted "available soon" but that's been posted on their website for about a year now so I don't know if "soon" is relevant to buying one this year or not ? The strangest part is they have new firmware for a box that isn't available ? Anyone actually have a Mag 352 ?

Junoir Member
    i’ve recently bought Mag 351. something is not right with my box, if i set video resolution to 4K and graphics 1080p which is the highest available in box settings then it starts to create problems. i can’t see the channel list because is does not appear. box loses the video signal if try to change the channels. it also stops responding to the remote. only setting works video 1080i & graphics same as video. it is setup with LG OLED C8 65” TV. my internet connection is 300 mbps up/down. i have updated with latest firmware via internet in settings. any one else had these issues?

Quote Originally Posted by sunny0101 View Post
    i’ve recently bought Mag 351. something is not right with my box, if i set video resolution to 4K and graphics 1080p which is the highest available in box settings then it starts to create problems. i can’t see the channel list because is does not appear. box loses the video signal if try to change the channels. it also stops responding to the remote. only setting works video 1080i & graphics same as video. it is setup with LG OLED C8 65” TV. my internet connection is 300 mbps up/down. i have updated with latest firmware via internet in settings. any one else had these issues?
    You should set your STB Video Resolution to Auto and your Graphics (GUI) to 720.
    Graphics is for menu's, EPG, Text display etc.
    You do not need to use 40% more memory resources to display this information.
    Setting your Video Resolution to auto allows the Graphics Processor (Acceleration/ Hardware Decoding) to automatically adjust the Refresh Frame Rate to better match the Stream's encoded Format.
    *Note: 1080i is an Interlace format (1st frame - lines 1,3,5,7...etc / 2nd frame - lines 2,4,6,8...etc.)
    North American IPTV HD Streams are 1080p (Progressive 1,2,3,4...) and a 30 fps Frame Rate (UK/Euro is 25)
    Setting your STB to 1 resolution requires the GPU to Upscale or Pad(re-encode) the Video.

/kens

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast