Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Cant get to **********? you have been banned

I banned a few hundred IP adresses today that were still trying to access the old "epg . ninja / NFPS**.xml" files put unnecessary strain on the server, you can use the server provided EPG from now on as you have been banned.

If your wondering if this affects you, go to the ********** site, if it appears offline.. wait 10 mins and go back, if it still shows as offline you have been banned..

if the ********** page loads fine, dont worry, your in the clear.. (although if you navigate the site too fast you will get a short temp ban, let me know if this temp ban threshold is too strict and needs to be increased in this thread.)
    Last edited by psycon; 03-19-2016 at 08:12 PM.

I never get a temp ban so I think it is pretty good. Cheers!

cheap tv guy
    I didn't do anything but watch tv

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by psycon View Post
    I banned a few hundred IP adresses today that were still trying to access the old "epg . ninja / NFPS**.xml" files put unnecessary strain on the server, you can use the server provided EPG from now on as you have been banned.

If your wondering if this affects you, go to the ********** site, if it appears offline.. wait 10 mins and go back, if it still shows as offline you have been banned..

if the ********** page loads fine, dont worry, your in the clear.. (although if you navigate the site too fast you will get a short temp ban, let me know if this temp ban threshold is too strict and needs to be increased in this thread.)
    If you've been using the epg updater should you be ok? I'm getting stalker client unable to load guide message and don't know if this is related.
    Last edited by adyf; 03-20-2016 at 09:24 AM.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adyf View Post
    If you've been using the epg updater should you be ok? I'm getting stalker client unable to load guide message and don't know if this is related.
    I'm getting the same thing here. no guide - not sure why. All was fine.
    Kodi 16.1. RC 1

Any thoughts ?

Fire From Within

It looks like the guide.zip file from ********** is currently not available. psycon probably needs to fix it. It doesn't have anything to do with the 'banning'. If you need a guide, change the settings on the PVR to "Prefer XMLTV" and you should get the server's guide as a backup.

Junoir Member
    Thanks for the update! Appreciate it.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    It looks like the guide.zip file from ********** is currently not available. psycon probably needs to fix it. It doesn't have anything to do with the 'banning'. If you need a guide, change the settings on the PVR to "Prefer XMLTV" and you should get the server's guide as a backup.
    Thank you dara, everything seems ok again with the 1.0.6 epg updater update.

tux tux tux
    Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    yeah you need to update the plugin to 1.0.6 dara, the file has moved.
    I was wondering the same earlier with the file and psycon pointed me in the right direction, I needed to do a manual update on the repo the get the updated plugin so I didn't know there was one. but you probably know all that by now.
    Last edited by tuxen; 03-20-2016 at 11:44 PM.
    “there is nothing wrong with being insane, as long as you know it yourself.”

tux tux tux
    I checked your new site layout psycon and you might want to put a price tag on the box you are selling. I do not see it anywhere or in the faq.
    just a heads up. I imagine more people would be interested if they knew the price first. (;
    Last edited by tuxen; 03-21-2016 at 12:06 AM.
    “there is nothing wrong with being insane, as long as you know it yourself.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast