Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

some channels stop playback after awhile.

Just wondering if this is common or just a current issue?

I'm pretty content with the service so far, just need to know if im doing something wrong on my end.

It's a common issue here, you're watching channel then you change channels. You get back to your previous channel and it's gone all you can see is a non-stop 'waiting' loop on bottom right screen.

pot?
    Quote Originally Posted by XxPiratexX View Post
    Just wondering if this is common or just a current issue?

I'm pretty content with the service so far, just need to know if im doing something wrong on my end.
    How long are you watching the channel before it stops?

Well i barely change channels and the channel will play fine for an hour or more but then it just pauses and i cannot get it to resume without exiting the channel first, then re entering it.

pot?
    I have noticed this as well, if I leave it on the same channel for an hour or two the screen will go black. I exit out of the channel then go back in and it plays fine. I thought I read someplace that the server disconnects after a certain amount of time if you just leave it on the same channel for long periods of time. Anyone else notice this as well?? I haven't actually timed how long I'm connected before this happens though.

It just happened again just now while my daughter was watching spongebob on nickelodeon

This time it was on the channel for less than 45 minutes and paused. Never had any channel go black but this issue kind of defeats the purpose of reliable although for the most part it is.

I would definantly like to hear from an admin or server tech on why this happens.

pot?
    Hmm that's odd, I know when it happens to me it's been way over an hour. Are you setup wired or wireless??

Quote Originally Posted by pod77 View Post
    Hmm that's odd, I know when it happens to me it's been way over an hour. Are you setup wired or wireless??
    Im on a wired 200mbps connection on an nvidia shield tv using a premium cyberghost VPN service.

tux tux tux
    it happens here too, but it seems there is no consistency in how many hours before its happening. I did see it very very seldom until ca. 14days-a month ago, so seldom you wouldn't think of it and channels would run all night. now almost every time I wake up its frozen. I have a irregular sleep pattern and sleep 2 hours then 1 then 3 max 4 so having something to watch when I wake up is helping a bit (I know its not a problem in those situations, but I have had some cliffhangers spoiled by it too and that is a issue heh). 1 of my friends are telling me the same. :/ I am going to some family this weekend and I will try from there too.

EDIT: hmm.. I did add a new wireless Bluetooth mini keyboard around the same time, it connects and disconnects when it goes into standby.
    I have eliminated that now, lets see. I do not really have high hopes that it influenced anything tbh. everything else is fine heh.
    Last edited by tuxen; 03-17-2016 at 04:50 PM. Reason: cleaned up my scandengligh
    “there is nothing wrong with being insane, as long as you know it yourself.”

tux tux tux
    like pod77, I am going to try and jinx it because it has been running for a unusual long time now. it always does when you want it to happen, that's why these kinda errors are so hard to troubleshoot lol.
    maybe it got fixed and it was on their todo list or it really was my keyboard.

@pod77 still no issues either? what about you pirate?

i'll update this thread if it happens, if not i'll do it tomorrow. just to let you know.
    Last edited by tuxen; 03-17-2016 at 06:07 PM.
    “there is nothing wrong with being insane, as long as you know it yourself.”

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast