[new user] changed mac, reset iptv and changed DNS...still getting errors.

kodi 16 jarvis official
    nvidia shield tv
    comcast/xfinity internet service
    united states

So i have purchased a year subscription yesterday from "iptvprivateserver.is" and set up my mac. downloaded iptv stalker papaio 10.0.0 from this site and installed it. then filled in all the correct information required mac,donation and checked "send device info"...got a "urlopen error timed out". posted a thread in this forum for help and got a response from dara that the error could be a DNS issue or possibly due to geoblocking. today i have changed mac and reset and also changed DNS to googles 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

In kodi's system info it shows my DNS is set to googles, the stalker papaio addon has been defaulted and i have deleted the plugin.video.stalker folder from kodi's userdata directory to be safe. entered all the correct required information, checked "send device info" and clicked ok. i tried to get into the categories and get the same "urlopen error timed out"

Changed mac and reset iptv again but this time i tried the stalker client included in jarvis followed ALL the correct steps taken from epg ninjas thread mac,donation,xmltv only,correct server address and remote url for epg,cache epg data,6 random number device id's 1&2, 13 random numbers serial,6 random number signature...everything. enabled pvr stalker client...went into live tv tab in kodi settings and cleared data 1st then enabled....it say's loading channels from pvr client for a couple seconds and gives me authorization failed retrying....comes again with authorization failed.

Exited kodi and restarted my shield tv and attempted again but got the same thing im just a little frustrated because i know all the info was entered correctly as i have done this for family members and friends who have subs aswell and everything worked the first time.

I'm fairly good with following directions and all things kodi, but i could use some suggestions as to what could be the issue here please.
    Last edited by XxPiratexX; 03-16-2016 at 04:48 AM.

Fire From Within

You might want to try a vpn. A free one is CyberGhost. At least you can see if you may be getting blocked by the ISP. Also, remember that cable internet gets bogged down by usage by your neighbors, especially in the evening.

You can set your router to default to the google DNS also.

Its possible that the box is at fault. I know others use it, but its primarily a gaming box.

Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    You might want to try a vpn. A free one is CyberGhost. At least you can see if you may be getting blocked by the ISP. Also, remember that cable internet gets bogged down by usage by your neighbors, especially in the evening.

You can set your router to default to the google DNS also.

Its possible that the box is at fault. I know others use it, but its primarily a gaming box.
    whats strange is that just the day before i purchased my own sub i had my parents over for dinner and they decided to use there information on my shield tv to watch some television that night. then they just did a reset to get it back on their pc with no issues whatsoever. i seriously doubt its my shield as its pretty much brand new and i have used this service for a month in the past aswell with no issues.

could it possibly be the mac i created is already being used?

i will give cyberghost a try to see if maybe my isp has just started blocking certain things or not, but if i go through all the trail and error to weed out possible causes but still have no solution, is there anything you can do for me?

okay so i downloaded and installed the free trail of cyberghost on my shield tv as you instructed and the channels loaded up with no issues except alot of the channels are missing epg data right now but thats okay.i do have the epg updater and the remote url set correctly so im guessing the epg info will be updated sometime tomorrow,

wow.....i guess comcast/xfinity has now started blocking things they do not approve of you should start warning of this to your subscribers as of now.

thank you dara for your support and i have +rep'd you