Thread: HD Projectors?

HD Projectors?

So I'm renovating my living room. SO I am in the market for a tv them I got a idea to get a projector. I think they are really cool and I think it would be awesome. Here is my only problem I don't know ANYTHING about projectors. So I was curious to see if anybody on the forum uses one for movies or stalker lol. But just looking for some good advice. I don't have a ton of money to spend but I was thinking whats my best option for the money.

Here is one of the best resources online and a awesome company to buy from.
    Code:
    http://www.projectorpeople.com/

Junoir Member
    Code:
    http://www.lg.com/us/home-video/lg-PF1500-smart-led-projector
    this is what I use for my tv/movies/XboxOne... 100" screen and no bulbs to replace

just an update guys. I bought a cheaper one for now. But holy shit I love it already and IKS looks so good on it!!!!!!. Just curious is this because the projector displays a smaller resolution?

Quote Originally Posted by canniballoe View Post
    Code:
    http://www.lg.com/us/home-video/lg-PF1500-smart-led-projector
    this is what I use for my tv/movies/XboxOne... 100" screen and no bulbs to replace
    btw that's a beast of a machine

look they are great to have if you have money i see a 10,000.00 setup which is so clear i wish i had money but 1,000.00 dollar one is my speed do a lot of reading on this but you will be happy when they say you get what you pay for that true on this

Junoir Member
    I purchased a HD projector about 7 years ago from a company in BC total cost with a remote 100in screen $600. to my door. Used it as my daily watcher since awesome picture even had a full wall 16ft x 8ft for a couple of years. Whole new viewing experience. Just changed the bulb which was supplied with my purchase. Highly recommended if you have the room. Only down side is the fan noise so build yourself a housing and it isnt a problem.

Junoir Member
    I went with LED because of not wanting to change bulbs,and I can turn it on and off like a tv..and where I live the powers tends to go out alot which can be hard on bulbs.
    I have no complaints on fan noise and it's plenty bright enough on medium settings..I'll never own another tv when I can get 1080p and 100" for under a grand.

tux tux tux
    yeah leds are a big advantage over bulbs, they cost a fortune and need a fast fan because of the heat.

I have 2 older projectors I got for free from a old job.. I have one of them setup that I use from time to time, its 'only' 720p but the experience of the picture size is nice.
    Last edited by tuxen; 03-21-2016 at 03:05 PM.
    “there is nothing wrong with being insane, as long as you know it yourself.”