Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

aVoV TVONLINE .... my first look

Differences between the aVoV1 and the new aVoV TVOnline model so far I see clearly is that the TVOnline app is built into the boxe's menus. So no longer a need to install the APP and then everytime you use the receiver, there is no more need to go into My Channels and start up that APP. Just turn your aVoV OnLine receiver on and away you go.. Yup, almost that simple.
    There are less APPs in the Online model's MickyMarket at the moment, compared to the aVoV1.
    But that'll change pretty sure, cause there are 91 compared to 17 of them in Online's market.
    The remotes work for either and vice a versa.
    The power connection seems tighter then my original aVoV. I always had an issue in keeping the power connected and even with a little bump of the receiver it had a chance of becoming disconnected.. But that seems to be okay and fixed with the new one.... (my original is the aVoV1 test mode, the large white one).

WIFI connected good. There is no WiFi usb device needed, same with the original
    Comes with HDMI cable, power cable, RCU and batteries.
    Does not come with AV cable, but still has the AV single connection.
    All connections are the same as what the aVoV1 has, including two USB ports.
    Is white in color and is the small box (very compact).

I gonna have to elaborate on the simplicity that this box gives.
    The aVoV original is very user friendly. The Apps that one may want to add are there in the Mickey market (it's an onscreen menu).. You simply chooose the APP and the choose Install.. That's it, your done. You can watch it take seconds to install and can Run that APP right from that same menu, or head back to Your Channels menu and choose it from there.
    The TVOnline APP needed installing in order for the box to connect to a server. That App is in the aVoV1's Mickey Market.
    Works good.

So now that you know all that, here's what this new aVoV did.
    They took that TVOnline app and embedded it into it's desktop (so to speak).
    So when you start this receiver up, the server stuff is readily available, no need to go to Mickey Market any more.
    Makes the whole experience that much better.

aVoV seems to be moving forward and this box is a result of just a couple improvements on their original , but most welcomed improvements none the less

sorry, no pics

Good review, I have been using the avov tv online box for about a week and enjoy the user friendly aspect of it! I hope to see more apps added in the future but currently it feel it is a nice box for the price point!

Yes, I have been using one for a week........so simple....my moron brother inlaw could figure it out....I'm sure they will add more apps.............some of the better ones are there.......) icefilms-1channel-movie25-netflix-) they added one this week.......Comandotv..tried it but it asks for ID and Password....went to the website but they don't let you register.......not sure what the app is for...sounds like spanish tv...........all in all this is a nice easy box for even the special Ed types ........