Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Fire From Within

I've been trying to get the 'plot' details to work on my local project, but keep running into stray delimiters that are in the database, so I won't release it. I'm not sure what couch potato is doing, but it looks more promising than what I'm running into. I personally don't want other details in the VoD lists, only the title, to reduce clutter, but I would like to have as much metadata available for users to see with the different views.

Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    I've been trying to get the 'plot' details to work on my local project, but keep running into stray delimiters that are in the database, so I won't release it. I'm not sure what couch potato is doing, but it looks more promising than what I'm running into. I personally don't want other details in the VoD lists, only the title, to reduce clutter, but I would like to have as much metadata available for users to see with the different views.
    I am sure it will all come together very nicely in development and time Sir.
    I am truly looking forward to these new developments . Hopefully you and couch can get your heads together and come up with a Fantastic end product..I am 100% confident this will occur...and I Thank you both for all your time and help in this project.

Maybe you guys could share a wish/progress/accomplishment list (i.e., define the ideal video add-on, identify the steps necessary to reach that goal and divvy up the coding assignments). That way, you won't tilt the same windmill, and you can share expertise when either of you reach an impasse. This is probably pie-in-the sky, but a suggestion nonetheless.

Fire From Within

That's a good suggestion. If anyone else has suggestions to improve the video add-on, please feel free to request... someone will figure it out eventually. I just want to make sure that if originates from here (IPTVTALK), we keep the version control as well.

I wouldn't mind anyone doing their own fork of the code, as long as they break off the version chain for "plugin.video.stalker" because the open source license allows it. The problem we had with the cloners is that they kept the internal name, and bumped up the version number, overwriting the legitimate code for our members. Good thing that the cloners have probably given up on the papiao target for easier fishing.

Junoir Member
    I was using Stalker Papio then for some reason the IPTV stalker updated itself to PLUS along with a new logo etc. I read the post and it says to install a "ZIP". What zip?

Fire From Within

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    I was using Stalker Papio then for some reason the IPTV stalker updated itself to PLUS along with a new logo etc. I read the post and it says to install a "ZIP". What zip?
    On the release thread?

You don't need to reinstall if you see version 10.2.0. You just need to follow the directions on the OP of the release thread to reconfigure the addon.

screenshot004.jpgscreenshot005.jpgNot sure what would cause this issue Im using the Titan Skin when I put the Vod in the first widget I get a blank screen just the title (pic 2) when I put location in another widget I get the thumb any suggestions how I would go about fixing this

PS this addon is Freaking Amazing
    Last edited by dobsorob; 04-15-2016 at 10:13 PM.

Fire From Within

Quote Originally Posted by couch potato View Post
    Yep! It's not perfect (ofc who cares? )
    The information provided by the server is so limited
    There's no fanart image & all the genre are only id numbers (without table list)

They should at least give us the IMDb/TMDb id

UPDATE:
    • Genres' list: solved, which are based on IMDb's list
    • Adding some more infos

UPDATE #2:
    • FanArts: solved, which are pulled from the external source (TMDb's API)
    • Fixing some bugs
    I figured out how to get the description and cast loaded after getting rid of junk line feeds, carriage returns, and quotation marks. If your version is more complete, let me know when you want it pushed to the release thread and to the repo.

Fire From Within

10.2.1 is now released and posted in the release thread, but may take some time to get to the repo. Version now has details for VoDs, including plot, cast, year, MPAA rating and duration (no movie genre though). Also a minor bug fix, for the Genre titles. This update will force a Clear Cache, and it does take some time to load up the entire VoD cache.

Patato TV
    Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    10.2.1 is now released and posted in the release thread, but may take some time to get to the repo..
    Wow! You've already done your homework very well
    Congratz mate

I figured out how to get the description and cast loaded after getting rid of junk line feeds, carriage returns, and quotation marks.
    actually there's no need to remove those "junks"
    you just have to put the plot into a list --> encoding it to json --> let the addon.py decode it back to a list

Also a minor bug fix, for the Genre titles.
    I've already created my own json data for all known genres based on IMDb's
    You may use it if you want
    Code:
    http://pastebin.com/raw/qzWPdkpQ

And here is my personal project progress report (ofc who cares? )

UPDATE #3
    • cosmetic stuffs added: icons for media info (video resolution, video codec, audio codec, audio channel, aspect ratio & MPAA's rating)
    • still searching for a bug (if any)

UPDATE #4

• Pulling all PPV movies into the VoD group
    • Playing hide & seek with the bugs

Last edited by couch potato; 04-18-2016 at 02:48 PM.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast