Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy AC/DC Forced To Postpone Ten Shows

AC/DC has been forced to reschedule the ten remaining dates on the U.S. leg of its "Rock Or Bust" world tour. According to a press release, AC/DC lead singer Brian Johnson has been advised by doctors to stop touring immediately or risk total hearing loss.

Tomorrow's (March 8) show in Atlanta through the April 4 concert Madison Square Garden in New York City will be made up later in the year, likely with a guest vocalist. More information regarding these rescheduled shows to come. Current ticket holders can hold on to their tickets for the rescheduled dates or receive a refund at point of purchase.

Dates to be rescheduled:

March 08 - Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena
    March 11 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - BB&T Center
    March 14 - Greensboro, NC - Greensboro Coliseum
    March 17 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center
    March 20 - Detroit, MI - The Palace
    March 23 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena
    March 26 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
    March 29 - Buffalo, NY - First Niagara Center
    April 01 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
    April 04 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

Johnson has been AC/DC's singer since 1980, when he joined following the death of Bon Scott. His first album with the band, "Back In Black", is the second best-selling album of all time, behind Michael Jackson's "Thriller".

AC/DC's latest leg of U.S. dates kicked off on February 2 in Tacoma, Washington.

The band's 2015 tour sold 2.31 million tickets for a total of $180 million in gross sales.

AC/DC's sixteenth studio album, "Rock Or Bust", has sold more than 563,000 copies since debuting at No. 3 on the Billboard album chart back in December 2014.

It's the band's first album without founding guitarist Malcolm Young, who is suffering from dementia. He has been replaced by nephew Stevie Young.

AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd was arrested in November 2014 at his home in Tauranga on charges of threatening to kill and possession of methamphetamine and cannabis.

Although Rudd played on "Rock Or Bust", he did not appear in photos or videos for the disc.

One-time AC/DC drummer Chris Slade officially joined the band's lineup for its performance at last year's Grammy Awards telecast. Slade was also behind the kit for the group's world tour.

Blabbermouth.net
    I gather darkness to please me...

Tragic news I have seen AC/DC Live 11 Times in my opinion the best band live I have seen, must be pretty serious, Brian seamed ok in the car show last year that he hosted Cars That ROCK.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisss View Post
    Tragic news I have seen AC/DC Live 11 Times in my opinion the best band live I have seen, must be pretty serious, Brian seamed ok in the car show last year that he hosted Cars That ROCK.
    Yeah, I heard his hearing loss was from car racing and not from music. Go figure...

Terrible news to hear..

Axl Rose Confirmed to Sing for AC/DC on Remaining 2016 Tour Dates

It’s official! Axl Rose will indeed sing for AC/DC when they play their upcoming European shows and make up their postponed U.S. dates.

In early March, the band announced that it was postponing the remainder of its U.S dates because singer Brian Johnson was in danger of suffering “total hearing loss.” In the weeks that followed, rumors swirled that Rose was rehearsing with AC/DC, and now the band has confirmed that the Guns N’ Roses frontman will indeed be their singer on the remainder of their 2016 dates. A statement from AC/DC reads as follows:
    AC/DC band members would like to thank Brian Johnson for his contributions and dedication to the band throughout the years. We wish him all the best with his hearing issues and future ventures. As much as we want this tour to end as it started, we understand, respect and support Brian’s decision to stop touring and save his hearing. We are dedicated to fulfilling the remainder of our touring commitments to everyone that has supported us over the years, and are fortunate that Axl Rose has kindly offered his support to help us fulfill this commitment.
    AC/DC’s European tour dates kick off May 7 in Lisbon, Portugal, and run through June 12 in Aarhus, Denmark. After completing those dates, Rose will embark on Guns N’ Roses’ ‘Not In This Lifetime’ summer North American tour. And following those shows, he will once again join AC/DC as they make up the 10 U.S. shows they postponed.

loudwire.com/
    Last edited by Capt.Kangaroo; 04-17-2016 at 03:38 AM.

Nascar Pool Diecast Winner
    Axl borrowed Dave Grohl's throne for the current run of GnR gigs due to a broken foot. Lots of links on YT.

yep Angus played with GnR last night at Coachella also

Pinball Wizard
    I was just watching this on youtube!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainkangaroo View Post
    yep Angus played with GnR last night at Coachella also

Listen To AXL ROSE Rehearsing With AC/DC

Axl sounds better than I thought he would.

HTML Code:
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/listen-to-axl-rose-rehearsing-with-acdc/

Pinball Wizard
    He still have the pipes, unlike Robert Plant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast